[ROM][WIP]CM10.0.0-RC0-BobZ

flapjack.fiasco

Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
Has there been a fix or workaround found for the Google Now scrolling issue? Searched the thread, didn't see one mentioned.

Not that I'm aware of. I'd like to know if there's a working version for any OV ROM. I'd really like to check it out.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2

atrain2324

Apr 23, 2012
Visit site
Not that I'm aware of. I'd like to know if there's a working version for any OV ROM. I'd really like to check it out.

I have a working version for this ROM. There's one for ICS...but you need at least 30 MB on your system partition.

Here on BobZ CM10, I just downloaded the Google Search apk from I think some link from that OTHER place, sideloaded it into my phone, so it is actually running off SD-Ext. It works dine, but since the mic doesn't work, you can't use the Voice part. But the cards work, so does search. My only gripe is it occasionally crashes and exits, which is more prevalent if you try to open about 5 mins after your phone reboots and restarts.

upconvert

Oct 24, 2011
Visit site
Here on BobZ CM10, I just downloaded the Google Search apk from I think some link from that OTHER place, sideloaded it into my phone, so it is actually running off SD-Ext. It works dine, but since the mic doesn't work, you can't use the Voice part. But the cards work, so does search. My only gripe is it occasionally crashes and exits, which is more prevalent if you try to open about 5 mins after your phone reboots and restarts.

Do you think you could post a link? I'd love to try it with the previous build that had the working mic.

atrain2324

Apr 23, 2012
Visit site
Do you think you could post a link? I'd love to try it with the previous build that had the working mic.

Yeah sure

---------- Post Merged at 11:05 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 11:03 PM ----------

You'll need to sideload it through a file manager app. You should though delete the original one using a root uninstaller that can safely uninstall apps from the system partition. I use Root Uninstaller from Market.

And then you can install this version manually.

---------- Post Merged at 11:08 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 11:03 PM ----------

whoops wrong one. let me try this again!

---------- Post Merged at 11:11 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 11:03 PM ----------

Here is the right one

My BAD!

upconvert

Oct 24, 2011
Visit site
Thanks, I'll give it a try tomorrow. Can I replace the voice search apk in the gapps with this one and flash it? I was planning on doing a clean install of Bobz previous build anyway. Idk if it will be too big, but it's worth a try.

Sent from my GT-P7310 using Android Central Forums

YoshinJaa

Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
It seems when my phone goes to sleep the data/WiFi turns off till I turn the screen on. Any fix for this or is it just me?
Not just you. I believe this is one of the current issues. WiFi turns off and on it every so ofter it seems, but I am unsure if it is draining more battery this way, perhaps because of deep sleep issues that still exist.

atrain2324

Apr 23, 2012
Visit site
Thanks, I'll give it a try tomorrow. Can I replace the voice search apk in the gapps with this one and flash it? I was planning on doing a clean install of Bobz previous build anyway. Idk if it will be too big, but it's worth a try.

No you can't. I tried to sideload the new voice search apk and then the new search apk and voice still doesn't work.

---------- Post Merged at 11:28 AM ---------- Previous Post was at 11:28 AM ----------

No you can't. I tried to sideload the new voice search apk and then the new search apk and voice still doesn't work.

upconvert

Oct 24, 2011
Visit site

---------- Post Merged at 11:28 AM ---------- Previous Post was at 11:28 AM ----------

Yeah, it didn't work. I tried it with the 8/31 build that had a working mic, but I just got force closes every time I hit the little microphone. If I hit the "google" I got the initial google now set up to the point where I could choose "Yes, I'm in." Then I got a force close. Old school voice search still works well, though.

rvp.770

Jul 23, 2011
Visit site
Anyone having problems with data on the v. I, know it's not the roms. I've tried five today trying to fix the problem. When data is downloading, it goes to
1x with full bars. When not downloading it goes to 3g with one bar. Then full to none with in seconds. Do, I have a hardware problem or is it virgin missing with me.

flapjack.fiasco

Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
Anyone having problems with data on the v. I, know it's not the roms. I've tried five today trying to fix the problem. When data is downloading, it goes to
1x with full bars. When not downloading it goes to 3g with one bar. Then full to none with in seconds. Do, I have a hardware problem or is it virgin missing with me.

This ROM in particular has a radio problem at the moment, but not like you're describing it. Two things come to mind. A: You're in an area with poor reception. Even if it's an area that you generally have good reception in, there could be a higher than normal traffic volume. B: You've hit your monthly data quota, and it's being throttled, although I don't think that usually manifests itself through the reception icon. Especially since you say it's affecting multiple ROMs.

What ROMs have you tried, just so we can rule out the ROMs for certain?

MaRz0o

Nov 9, 2011
Visit site
Two problems I'm encountering.

1. 3G Issues. I'm using the app power toggles and when I turn off 3g at times, the 3g is still turned on. the only way around this is rebooting the phone. It might be just the power toggles app but I don't know.

2. USB Connection. In order to connect to my computer via USB, I have to turn on Android Debugging and then turn it back off.

Deal Trees

Apr 26, 2011
Visit site
Two problems I'm encountering.

1. 3G Issues. I'm using the app power toggles and when I turn off 3g at times, the 3g is still turned on. the only way around this is rebooting the phone. It might be just the power toggles app but I don't know.

2. USB Connection. In order to connect to my computer via USB, I have to turn on Android Debugging and then turn it back off.

Well I use juice defender and it does not toggle the data on when I turn on the screen. I'm not sure if it has to do with the ROM or that the app is not updated to support Jelly Bean. I'm having the same problems, as in everyone using this ROM. I didn't know about the work around for the USB connection, as far as I was concerned it was broken. Thanks for the tip. :thumbup:

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Android Central Forums

anthonycr

Themer. You've seen them
Jul 11, 2011
Visit site
Hmmm.... my hosts file keeps turning empty... is this a problem with adfree android or jellybean or just this ROM? Thoughts?

ewichern

Jan 27, 2011
Visit site
+1 3g stills drops....

This is my biggest issue as well. Is infrequently as I use voice interaction, that's not a big deal to me, but the data connection dropping - without a way to get it back besides rebooting - is a showstopper. I actually haven't reflashed anything else yet - was wishing/hoping maybe if I waited here we'd get a fix from Bobz that I could dirty flash and not have to wipe my phone. ;)

jonny5449

AC Citizen
Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
Ok guys after the first two reports or 5 reports that its not working the dev prolly knows so basicly ur spamming if u know this

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress