LG Optimus V CWM Problem

bibekg

Jan 14, 2012
Visit site
Hey guys,

I'm new to this forum but I've been looking ALL over it for a solution to this problem and haven't found any so far. So here's what happened.

I had rooted my OV a couple months ago and added a custom ROM and then left it in a drawer because I got a new phone. Recently, I took it out to give it to a friend and by my now realized mistake, I factory reset the device. After this, using CWM 4.0.1.5, I flashed a xionia.zip file onto it. Once flashed, I rebooted the device. And here's where it gets a little... unique versus the other posts I've seen.

The device starts up and shows the LG screen, goes blank for a few seconds, then displays a picture of the Android robot in the background and an arrow coming out of a box as the background. In the foreground, there is text saying:

Android system recovery...
Do not pull out the battery!
Formatting data...
Formatting cache...

After that, CyanogenMod 9 starts up and takes me to the home screen and all seems to be well. However, there are no gapps and all forums tell me to flash the gapps.zip to get them. The problem is, I can't flash anything because every time I boot up, even if I press the buttons to get into recovery mode, it goes straight to that Android system recovery and starts up CM9 instead of showing me ClockworkMod.

What can I do?

bibekg

Jan 14, 2012
Visit site
I'm about to install Windows 8 on my MacBook Pro so I can use those Windows drivers but do you have any other alternatives in the time being? Alternatives that could work on my Mac.

Jasonboy

Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
if you have the terminal app already installed, don't remember if it's already installed on CM9, was on CM7. Go on these forums and download Xionia, Bobz recovery, or CWM and put it on the root of your sd card. Rename whatever recovery you installed as terminal.img. Than flash the recovery using terminal like you would usually do.

bibekg

Jan 14, 2012
Visit site
Okay, the problem is partially fixed. I went through the procedure and using the flashing app, I flashed CWM on my Optimus V. After a reboot, CWM finally showed up (yay!).

Then I tried installing a CM7 ROM with gapps. After which I rebooted. However, after the reboot, it goes straight back to CWM. No matter how many times I reboot, it goes back to CWM.

adamhos

Jul 30, 2012
Visit site
What Rom exactly
Make sure you do a full wipe of everything except sd card
Then reflash

If you still have issues you may need to flash xionia recovery and fix bootloop with it

My HTC Phone

bibekg

Jan 14, 2012
Visit site
I tried two ROM's. First BACKside-IHO-VM670. It booted back into CWM so I tried again and same thing, no luck. Then I tried flashing cm-9.1.0.VM670.BobZhome. Same issue.

How would I go about using a Xionia recovery to do that? Because that's what caused my issue the first time. I had tried flashing a file called Xionia_CWMA_12518.6_VM_Recovery and it managed to get past the CWM and booted up with CM9. But unfortunately, there were no Google Apps and I couldn't get into a recovery.

adamhos

Jul 30, 2012
Visit site
Xoinia has a bootloop fix....somehow you lost your recovery originally

If it were my phone I would put xonia back on it wipe system, boot, cache, dalvik cache, data
Flash Rom
Fix bootloop
Boot system
Reboot recovery
Wipe dalvik again
Flash gapps
Reboot

My HTC Phone

bibekg

Jan 14, 2012
Visit site
Sounds like a good plan. Do you have a trustable xionia.zip file or a link to one? The one I originally used is the one that made me lose my recovery so maybe there was a problem with that file.

AndyOpie150

May 15, 2011
Visit site
Do you know how to flash recovery with shell commands from computer? If not, let me know, can help.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Android Central Forums

bibekg

Jan 14, 2012
Visit site
Two problems.

1. The flash_image link gives me a 404 error so I can't download it.

2. How do I flash a .img file? I know how to flash a .zip file but not sure about a .img file.

adamhos

Jul 30, 2012
Visit site
You use adb or flash image GUI to flash IMG

I'll send you a pm with the flashable zip if you want it

Sent from my HTCEVOV4G using Android Central Forums

bibekg

Jan 14, 2012
Visit site
I flashed the zip you PM'd me using CWM after formatting cache, factory reset, dalvik cache, etc. but then after a reboot, I'm getting the same issue I began with.

It shows the Android bot with an arrow coming out of a box and runs the "Android System Recovery" and then gets stuck at the LG splash screen (most likely taking a while to boot up CM9 like last time)...

AndyOpie150

May 15, 2011
Visit site
If your seeing "Android System Recovery" then your looking at the stock recovery. You will have to flash a recovery thru the computer using shell commands after putting the recovery in the platform-tools folder of the Android SDK. I'm on a slow 3G connection. I hope one of the other members can walk you thru the process. If not, let me know

bibekg

Jan 14, 2012
Visit site
If your seeing "Android System Recovery" then your looking at the stock recovery. You will have to flash a recovery thru the computer using shell commands after putting the recovery in the platform-tools folder of the Android SDK. I'm on a slow 3G connection. I hope one of the other members can walk you thru the process. If not, let me know

I think that would work. How would I flash a recovery using shell commands? And does it make a difference that I have a Mac? I'd prefer to do it on OS X but if need be, I can switch over to a Windows 8 OS and use that instead.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
danishpeer