Just rooted Optimus v. Looking for rom

Chris Burns

Mar 13, 2013
Visit site
Now that i have my phone where i want it! Can i back it all up and save all of it to my pc. every app the rom my contacts. So i can expierament with other roms but revert back to this one if i want to?

nus

Oct 3, 2012
Visit site
Now that i have my phone where i want it! Can i back it all up and save all of it to my pc. every app the rom my contacts. So i can expierament with other roms but revert back to this one if i want to?

Make a backup via recovery. This will make a complete backup of everything on the phone. I use GO Backup Pro for app/bookmarks/contacts etc, but there are other options. The best way to backup contacts is by syncing contacts with Google servers.

A-android-B

Mar 30, 2012
Visit site
A nandroid will backup everything. Contacts settings emails messages apps data your whole current system as is. They are easily transferable to your PC. If you can't get USB to work you could try airdroid. Thats what I use anyway. and your SD ext partition is backed up too if you have one. Not your pics or videos or regular SD partition though

Sent from my VM670 using Android Central Forums

AndyOpie150

May 15, 2011
Visit site
If having problems with USB connect or file transfer the try these:
1.Go to settings/application/development. Make sure debugging box is checked. Then as fast as you can uncheck and recheck box.
2. With phone off, plug phone into computer and turn on.
3. With phone on and computer off, turn on computer (usually only works with older computers).

The nandroid backup you make in the recovery is stored on the SD card in a folder labeled clockworkmod .

Use Titanium Backup to backup all apps to the SD card.
Use Root Uninstaller to backup all apks (apps in there download form) to the SD card.

After install of ROM go to Titamium backup and just install your apps, no system apps from the other ROM (will cause force closures, system glitches, freezes, and reboots). If an app hangs on install then reboot phone. Then go to Root Uninstaller folder. Copy apk and put on the root of SD card (/sd card), then install.

I have the paid version of both. Tittanium Backup now allows me to pick an option that restores backed up apps all at once. I just select and come back to phone 7-10 minutes later (I have 103 apps and this saves a lot of work and time).
Root Uninstaller now allows me to do the apk install from the app.

Go back to link I left. Click on first link in that thread. Go to: Guides/Link2SD: A Tutorial. New and Updated.
This will explain how to get everything set up for Link2SD to work properly on the phone.
I still have 120 something MB of space left on the internal storage with those same 103 apps installed.
If you use the ZenGarden recovery you never have to take the sd card out of the phone to make partition and format partition to ext.4. You can even go back to ext.3 if you install an ICS ROM like Cold as Ice or the Quatrimus ROM.

It can be found in same place as Link2SD guide. Look in the flash_image and Recovery's section

To just flash a new recovery go back to link I left. Step 6: line 1. and 5.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Android Central Forums

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals38