[ROM+Kernel][CM-11.0][4.4.4][OS2SD/internal][f2fs]bigsuperROM-thunderc-4.4.4

nitestalkr

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
Re: [ROM+Kernel][CM-11.0][4.4.2]OV-KitKat (JBC based)

I can verify that mounts2sd works beautifully with this rom!

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Xparent Red Tapatalk 2

Chris Mahn1

Nov 30, 2013
Visit site

Is there a performance settings in this ROM? Is it hidden like the devopts or am I just missing it?

Also, Great job, and Thanks!

AndyOpie150

May 15, 2011
Visit site

Go to: settings/about phone/build number. Tap on it 5 or 6 times until it says developer options are enabled.

Posted via Android Central App

AndyOpie150

May 15, 2011
Visit site

I can verify that mounts2sd works beautifully with this rom!

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Xparent Red Tapatalk 2

With the spare phone I only have the stock 2GB SD card. So I figured I keep it to help in figuring out how to get the ROM to work with just App2SD from Sam Lu like we used to do before Link2SD and all the other sd ext scripts. This way those with just a 2GB or 4GB SD card could still use the ROM.

Feb 19, 2011
Visit site

With the spare phone I only have the stock 2GB SD card. So I figured I keep it to help in figuring out how to get the ROM to work with just App2SD from Sam Lu like we used to do before Link2SD and all the other sd ext scripts. This way those with just a 2GB or 4GB SD card could still use the ROM.

I doubt mounts2sd cares what size card is used. I will look at the other app for you though. Some things need put in priv-app for permissions to work in kitkat.
I asked in the mounts2sd dev thread on xda about incorporating the app source... no answer. probably have to pm to get one.
I won't worry about it until mms is fixed the rest of the way, if even then. mms is like that dumb battery kernel code was, partly working, just enough to get by. except lots of people/devices are having the mms problem with cm11/aosp not registering apns right.

//edit: same results as you with the app. there are a couple differences in skinbark's thunderc.fstab from thekraven's. I am rebuilding to test it.

well, that's interesting. no changes, and uninstalling apps installed before appmgr3 and reinstalling after it still doesn't allow moving them.
I don't know why exactly. still looking.

Last edited:
Feb 19, 2011
Visit site

mms is odd.
the RIL log simply /insists/ the operator code is 209099. even in harmonia on a zv4 phone!
looks like qualcomm issue... https://developer.qualcomm.com/forum/qdevnet-forums/3g4g-connectivity-gobi/23130
I am trying to use those numbers to make system grab proper apn on boot. //edit: no, it doesn't care if they match or not.

bah. nothing I've tried works except open/save the blasted apn. doesn't matter what mcc/mnc combo or anything I've changed in twenty different varations on the apn, it won't send or receive until the apn is modified or at least saved by the apns editor. won't grab anything but -1 as preferred apn either.
it doesn't even work if I hardcode the working apn into DcTracker where it usually uses a stub. shows up in radio log looking all happy but still won't mms until the editor is used.

Last edited:

AndyOpie150

May 15, 2011
Visit site

Have you tried editing the framework.jar
In transition right at the moment. No place to set up computer.
I had opened up thekravens Jellybean ROMs framework.jar and was thinking about swaping some things from the telephony folder.
Don't know if it would help though, but it sounded good in my head.

Feb 19, 2011
Visit site

Have you tried editing the framework.jar
In transition right at the moment. No place to set up computer.
I had opened up thekravens Jellybean ROMs framework.jar and was thinking about swaping some things from the telephony folder.
Don't know if it would help though, but it sounded good in my head.
nah, I'm dropping things into the build instead of modding its output. cm11 is missing a lot of the cm10 tweaks...
of course, you're more than welcome to port things in that way, I've never used smali or baksmali or a kitchen even. Looked in apks but never recompiled em.
pac 4.3 shares a lot in common with 4.4.2 but has the same mms issues as far as I can tell.

Last edited:

TrikkJames

Feb 10, 2014
Visit site

Hi, just thought I'd test this ROM out as well, I'm one of the people who constantly has a problem with charging after going any further than GB.

I'm very thorough when it comes to testing ROMs, so I figured my testing would help here.

Currently, this is my setup:
LG Optimus V (old screen)
Baseband: ZV4
Wi-Fi ONLY, never had this thing activated.
Bobzhome's CM7.2 (052012) - 2.3.7 with signed gapps from 2.3.5
Kernel from MiRaGe CM7.2
ZenGarden Touch Recovery
*I'm a very loyal Link2SD fan, for the link function, but I see that could be a problem on this one.

Will reply when downloaded and installed.

Last edited:

TrikkJames

Feb 10, 2014
Visit site

//Downloaded: CWM_6.0.4.6-thunderc-skinbark.zip
//Downloaded: cm-11-20140203-UNOFFICIAL-thunderc.zip
//Downloaded: Skinny_4.4_Gapps.zip

//Reboot into recovery [Z.T.R.]
//Making nandroid backup
//Making SDCard backup onto computer [while nandroid is on it]
//Deleted contents of SDCard
//Copied the 3 zips to sdcard/KitKat/

//Format: /boot, /cache, /data, /sd-ext, /system
//Wipe: Cache, Dalvik
//Data/Factory Reset

//Flash: CWM Recovery
//Reboot Recovery [CWM-skinbark, 6.0.4.6]
//Format: /system
//Factory reset

//Installing ROM
//Reboot phone, letting load completely
//Reboot into recovery
//Installing gapps
//Reboot phone

//Seems to be extremely smooth and CHARGING....omfg ^_^
//Set up Google account, syncing complete
//Rebooting
//Testing the Play Store....works!

//Attempting to see if Link2SD will work (by the way I have a 1.5gb ext4 partition)
//Mount script created, rebooting
//Link2SD works just fine, but I'm more intrigued to give Cronmod's INT2EXT+ a try.
//Uninstalled Link2SD
//Re-calibrating battery, I noticed the battery was going down a lot faster than I'm comfortable with.

//Downloaded: Dalvik/INT2EXT script wipe tool, just to be safe.
//Downloaded: Cronmod's INT2EXT+
//Reboot into recovery
//Flashed Dalvik/INT2EXT script wipe tool
//Flashed Cronmod's INT2EXT+
//Reboot
//Checking Settings: Storage - Internal now says 1.5gb total and 1.39gb available.

//*dances*

Now time to replace apps, remove bloat and dominate this thing.

Last edited:

TrikkJames

Feb 10, 2014
Visit site

So is there a reliable mod or anything to help battery life? I'd really love this battery to save itself, this ROM is likely my daily ROM now.

TrikkJames

Feb 10, 2014
Visit site

Also noticed something that I simply cannot have.

My regularly favorite browser is Dolphin Mini, and when you tap "Exit" on the menu, it freezes the entire phone, so I have to pull the battery.

Oh and when my battery was at 54%, and I rebooted it (which took only a minute) battery was 33%, so I'm sure something is lying to me lol

AndyOpie150

May 15, 2011
Visit site

The battery stats just need to build up. The best thing to do is let it get to just below 20%, then fully charge. Do this 5 times.
As far as Dolphin mini goes, try Opera mini, or Boat Browser mini.

Feb 19, 2011
Visit site

The WiFi seems to eat most of the battery, its some problem somewhere.
thekraven said so too. It needs power reduced in transmit, maybe; polling time reduced to look for networks less often too.

I will say publicly that if my 'real job' was producing/tweaking/improving ROMs and kernels I would be very productive, and for a change, happy with my work.
But, it takes a lot of time, and I need that time to play the money game (work) and go to school (to work in a closer field to what I really want to do.)
I could still do school and program/backport/forward port software. But without work I lose my comfort level in my living conditions, so I tweak stuff in my free time.
Boo hoo sniff sniff I know. I see people with thousands of downloads of their ROM versions complain about paying for hosting... even androidarmv6, who deserves to be paid for their not-a-real-job a lot more than little guys like me using their code, pays out-of-pocket for hosting more often than not, so I've read.

TrikkJames

Feb 10, 2014
Visit site

While we're talking about KK, does anyone know of a good KK ROM theme for CM7 on our device? I tried the only one from the market, but it says not compiled correctly no matter what I do. Even after applying System like it says.

ClutchX_LA

The_Boss
Apr 19, 2012
Visit site

While we're talking about KK, does anyone know of a good KK ROM theme for CM7 on our device? I tried the only one from the market, but it says not compiled correctly no matter what I do. Even after applying System like it says.

There is more than one definitely. Ill try to find you the one I had that was really close to stock KK.

Sent from my LG-LS860 using AC Forums mobile app

ClutchX_LA

The_Boss
Apr 19, 2012
Visit site

thekraven said so too. It needs power reduced in transmit, maybe; polling time reduced to look for networks less often too.

I will say publicly that if my 'real job' was producing/tweaking/improving ROMs and kernels I would be very productive, and for a change, happy with my work.
But, it takes a lot of time, and I need that time to play the money game (work) and go to school (to work in a closer field to what I really want to do.)
I could still do school and program/backport/forward port software. But without work I lose my comfort level in my living conditions, so I tweak stuff in my free time.
Boo hoo sniff sniff I know. I see people with thousands of downloads of their ROM versions complain about paying for hosting... even androidarmv6, who deserves to be paid for their not-a-real-job a lot more than little guys like me using their code, pays out-of-pocket for hosting more often than not, so I've read.

You can change the wifi scanning "schedule" in the build prop with Rom Toolbox (Jrummy16) or with the Dev toolbox app preinstalled. Im not sure if it on this rom though.

TrikkJames

Feb 10, 2014
Visit site

There is more than one definitely. Ill try to find you the one I had that was really close to stock KK.

Thanks ^_^ I think maybe the market one is just for HDPI and he just forgot to mention it.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
drkrleitch