[ROM+Kernel][CM-11.0][4.4.4][OS2SD/internal][f2fs]bigsuperROM-thunderc-4.4.4

AndyOpie150

May 15, 2011
Visit site
Re: [ROM+Kernel][CM-11.0][4.4.2][OS2SD/internal]OV-KitKat (JBC based)

After looking at the GPS configure file already included in the ROM, it seemed better than the tweak posted by badblue1 (same one I used on Bean_Whiz).
I now have service again, so I will also test on old V with 16GB SD card to see if 3G tweak gives a noticable improvement.

Feb 19, 2011
Visit site

After looking at the GPS configure file already included in the ROM, it seemed better than the tweak posted by badblue1 (same one I used on Bean_Whiz).
I now have service again, so I will also test on old V with 16GB SD card to see if 3G tweak gives a noticable improvement.
funny, my gps.conf was horrid, had europe servers.
I replaced it based on the last link I posted:
/etc/gps.conf said:
NTP_SERVER=0.us.pool.ntp.org
NTP_SERVER=1.us.pool.ntp.org
NTP_SERVER=2.us.pool.ntp.org
NTP_SERVER=3.us.pool.ntp.org
NTP_SERVER=0.north-america.pool.ntp.org
NTP_SERVER=1.north-america.pool.ntp.org
NTP_SERVER=2.north-america.pool.ntp.org
NTP_SERVER=3.north-america.pool.ntp.org
NTP_SERVER=us.pool.ntp.org

XTRA_SERVER_1=http://xtra1.gpsonextra.net/xtra.bin
XTRA_SERVER_2=http://xtra2.gpsonextra.net/xtra.bin
XTRA_SERVER_3=http://xtra3.gpsonextra.net/xtra.bin

# DEBUG LEVELS: 0 - none, 1 - Error, 2 - Warning, 3 - Info
# 4 - Debug, 5 - Verbose
DEBUG_LEVEL =0

# Intermediate position report, 1=enable, 0=disable
INTERMEDIATE_POS=0

# Accuracy threshold for intermediate positions
# less accurate positions are ignored, 0 for passing all positions
ACCURACY_THRES=0

# Report supl ref location as position, 1=enable, 0=disable
REPORT_POSITION_USE_SUPL_REFLOC=1

# Wiper (wifi positioning), 1=enable, 0=disable
ENABLE_WIPER=1

################################
##### AGPS server settings #####
################################

# FOR SUPL SUPPORT, set the following
SUPL_HOST=supl.google.com
SUPL_PORT=7276
SUPL_NO_SECURE_PORT=3425
SUPL_SECURE_PORT=7275
SUPL_TLS_HOST=FQDN
SUPL_TLS_CERT=/etc/SuplRootCert

# FOR C2K PDE SUPPORT, set the following
C2K_HOST=c2k.pde.com
C2K_PORT=1234

CURRENT_CARRIER=common
DEFAULT_AGPS_ENABLE=TRUE
DEFAULT_SSL_ENABLE=FALSE

# TRUE for "User Plane", FALSE for "Control Plane"
DEFAULT_USER_PLANE=TRUE
and I also combined two different sysctl tweaks from xda: battery data
for testing purposes. I reduced them both to 1)remove errors and 2)remove unused settings.
They are NOT baked into the rom ((yet.))
/etc/sysctl.conf said:
#sysctl.conf file
fs.nr_open=1053696
fs.inotify.max_queued_events=32000
fs.inotify.max_user_instances=256
fs.inotify.max_user_watches=10240
fs.lease-break-time=10
fs.file-max=165164
kernel.threads-max=525810
kernel.random.write_wakeup_threshold=256
kernel.random.read_wakeup_threshold=128
kernel.panic=5
kernel.panic_on_oops=1
kernel.msgmni=2048
kernel.msgmax=64000
kernel.shmmni=4096
kernel.shmall=2097152
kernel.shmmax=268435456
kernel.sem=500 512000 64 2048
kernel.sched_child_runs_first=0
fs.lease-break-time=10
fs.file-max=65536
vm.dirty_ratio=90
vm.dirty_background_ratio=80
vm.oom_kill_allocating_task=1
vm.overcommit_memory=1
vm.page-cluster=3
vm.drop_caches=3
vm.min_free_kbytes=4096
vm.panic_on_oom=0
vm.dirty_expire_centisecs=1000
vm.dirty_writeback_centisecs=2000
vm.oom_kill_allocating_task=0
vm.vfs_cache_pressure=10
vm.min_free_order_shift=4
vm.laptop_mode=0
vm.block_dump=0
net.ipv4.tcp_ecn=0
net.ipv4.route.flush = 1
net.ipv4.tcp_rfc1337 = 1
net.ipv4.ip_no_pmtu_disc = 0
net.ipv4.tcp_sack = 1
net.ipv4.tcp_fack = 1
net.ipv4.tcp_window_scaling = 1
net.ipv4.tcp_timestamps = 1
net.ipv4.tcp_rmem = 4096 39000 187000
net.ipv4.tcp_wmem = 4096 39000 187000
net.ipv4.tcp_mem = 187000 187000 187000
net.ipv4.tcp_no_metrics_save = 1
net.ipv4.tcp_moderate_rcvbuf = 1

Lpen21

Dec 1, 2013
Visit site

After flashing latest update had the following occur:
Gained exchange mail icon which was missing before, very cool since I use it
Gained a video/movie app(movie studio)
Lost google search widget( may not replace anyway)
Gained CM wallpapers
Gained widget called "unified mail" but force closes when u try to use
Noticed also had trebuchet launcher, this is where it got interesting. I originally had selected launcher 3, decided to try trebuchet and got caught in and endless "trebuchet has stopped working" loop. This happened on the welcome screen so could not access controls. Reboot did not help. Luckily status bar gave me access and I chose launcher3 again. Not sure if just me or anyone else have same happen. Overall prefer this since I gained exchange mail services.

AndyOpie150

May 15, 2011
Visit site

funny, my gps.conf was horrid, had europe servers.
I replaced it based on the last link I posted:
Sorry, I missed the Europe part. Between my bone marrow not functioning and to much amino acids in blood I 'm a mess. Not enough red and white bloods cells are produced and amino acids messing with brains synapsis. This is why I've had to back off helping.

Feb 19, 2011
Visit site

After flashing latest update had the following occur:
Gained exchange mail icon which was missing before, very cool since I use it
Gained a video/movie app(movie studio)
Lost google search widget( may not replace anyway)
Gained CM wallpapers
Gained widget called "unified mail" but force closes when u try to use
Noticed also had trebuchet launcher, this is where it got interesting. I originally had selected launcher 3, decided to try trebuchet and got caught in and endless "trebuchet has stopped working" loop. This happened on the welcome screen so could not access controls. Reboot did not help. Luckily status bar gave me access and I chose launcher3 again. Not sure if just me or anyone else have same happen. Overall prefer this since I gained exchange mail services.
the only way to use trebuchet is to remover launcher3... didn't realize they were both in there.
unified mail is broken, at least for me. won't start up. forgot to remove it.
This was a personal test install... didn't plan to upload it but the big cm sync gacked my build system and I'll probably be stalled for days. The zram was a cool deal and I wanted to share it. There may well be other glitches.

Feb 19, 2011
Visit site

Sorry, I missed the Europe part. Between my bone marrow not functioning and to much amino acids in blood I 'm a mess. Not enough red and white bloods cells are produced and amino acids messing with brains synapsis. This is why I've had to back off helping.
sorry, Andy... I get brainfried without even being ill. No good excuses for me.

Lpen21

Dec 1, 2013
Visit site

the only way to use trebuchet is to remover launcher3... didn't realize they were both in there.
unified mail is broken, at least for me. won't start up. forgot to remove it.
This was a personal test install... didn't plan to upload it but the big cm sync gacked my build system and I'll probably be stalled for days. The zram was a cool deal and I wanted to share it. There may well be other glitches.
I'll take this any day of the week glitches and all. I mean who would have ever thought Kit Kat on a V and 1.7gigs free space. A big THANKS for sharing all this with us.

Lpen21

Dec 1, 2013
Visit site

sorry, Andy... I get brainfried without even being ill. No good excuses for me.
Andy, hope you don't' mind me asking, but where the steroid treatments they where giving you helping? I will continue to pray for you my friend.

AndyOpie150

May 15, 2011
Visit site

Yes. He only perscribed enough to see if it would work. Then He had me give blood for a LFT and CVC test. Now I have to wait for next appointment to find out results. I'll probably be on them till I die. Off of them I'm back to being worse.

Lpen21

Dec 1, 2013
Visit site

Yes. He only perscribed enough to see if it would work. Then He had me give blood for a LFT and CVC test. Now I have to wait for next appointment to find out results. I'll probably be on them till I die. Off of them I'm back to being worse.
Glad to hear it, hopefully good news at your next appointment.

AndyOpie150

May 15, 2011
Visit site

Just tried the OS2SD version. 16GB SD card formatted with techvendetta's TWRP recovery. GPS, 3G, and entropy tweaks.
It's a little laggy even at 480-729.
Other than that it is the future of ROM development for the V.
I had already installed about 20 apps before installing a 101MB app which ends up being over 140MB after install and initializing.
I really like it.
I installed the latest google play services apk from a folder with all my saved apk's. Google Play Store then worked flawlessly if not a bit laggy
bigsupersquid: I really think all your efforts should be concentrated on the OS2SD version. I'll try to help where possible.

Posted via Android Central App

TrikkJames

Feb 10, 2014
Visit site

Alright peeps, I figured out why Google+ doesn't run on this ROM.

I installed GB, and downloaded Google+. I immediately noticed a difference in the size of the file. The G+ that appears in ICS, JB, and KK are all 33.5mb. And the version that appears in Froyo and GB are 13.97mb.

Two different apks. So, since the 33mb version doesn't work due to it being more "advanced", I'm gonna try something and hopefully one of you can test it for me. If it works, by all means include my post in the OP for Google+ users!

Here's the 13.97mb version that I uploaded to Google Drive: https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B_v9qeXAseVAZE4yUkdxYlVJV0U

Tell me if it works. If yes, I'll update my post with a more longer lasting link and better explanation.

Update: This method doesn't work. However if you're smart enough to figure out how to solve this issue, be my guest.

Last edited:

nitestalkr

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site

For some reason my phone self rebooted and everything started to force close, and i got stuck in the infamous trebuchet loop. Fixed by reflashing, just thought i'd mention it so others know they're not the only ones with this issue.

It seems to occur after a few weeks of use on a single update.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Xparent Red Tapatalk 2

AndyOpie150

May 15, 2011
Visit site

Do you turn the phone off every day, or do you leave it on 24-7 like I do?

TrikkJames

Feb 10, 2014
Visit site

Hey Andy, did the GB Google+ work on KK? Thought maybe since you thanked my post that you tried it.

Lpen21

Dec 1, 2013
Visit site

For some reason my phone self rebooted and everything started to force close, and i got stuck in the infamous trebuchet loop. Fixed by reflashing, just thought i'd mention it so others know they're not the only ones with this issue.

It seems to occur after a few weeks of use on a single update.

I was able to get out of this by leaving the "trebuchet has stopped working" message alone and pulling status bar down which allowed me to get into settings and reapply the system launcher. I then deleted trebuchet. Admittedly Foolishly caused this myself by actually picking trebuchet.

Lpen21

Dec 1, 2013
Visit site

Just tried the OS2SD version. 16GB SD card formatted with techvendetta's TWRP recovery. GPS, 3G, and entropy tweaks.
It's a little laggy even at 480-729.
Other than that it is the future of ROM development for the V.
I had already installed about 20 apps before installing a 101MB app which ends up being over 140MB after install and initializing.
I really like it.
I installed the latest google play services apk from a folder with all my saved apk's. Google Play Store then worked flawlessly if not a bit laggy
bigsupersquid: I really think all your efforts should be concentrated on the OS2SD version. I'll try to help where possible.

Posted via Android Central App
Andy, I also installed crossbreeder and have no noticeable lag even at cpu settings below 729/480. I cranked it back up there per everyone's advice to do so , so maybe crossbreeder really helps. Also also I find that the skinny gaps zip seems a bit more stable to me the the other gaps package.

Lpen21

Dec 1, 2013
Visit site

Alright peeps, I figured out why Google+ doesn't run on this ROM.

I installed GB, and downloaded Google+. I immediately noticed a difference in the size of the file. The G+ that appears in ICS, JB, and KK are all 33.5mb. And the version that appears in Froyo and GB are 13.97mb.

Two different apks. So, since the 33mb version doesn't work due to it being more "advanced", I'm gonna try something and hopefully one of you can test it for me. If it works, by all means include my post in the OP for Google+ users!

Here's the 13.97mb version that I uploaded to Google Drive: https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B_v9qeXAseVAZE4yUkdxYlVJV0U

Tell me if it works. If yes, I'll update my post with a more longer lasting link and better explanation.
No dice, does not install for me.

Feb 19, 2011
Visit site

When I finally get a build going again, I'll make sure that trebuchet goes into the extras folder to avoid that nasty little loop.
For now it's all borked, since the last big cm push I've had no 3g in builds, radio complains about not having nv settings or ruim chosen (and I have no sim card for ruim, so it must want nv.)
It may be a while before I get to it. 4WD transmission replacement and house upgrades will be eating my personal time for a bit.
I found the kernel module size issue,
mdpath=`find out/target/product/thunderc/system/lib/modules -type f -name modules.order`; if [ "$mdpath" != "" ];then mpath=`dirname $mdpath`; ko=`find $mpath/kernel -type f -name *.ko`; for i in $ko; do prebuilts/gcc/linux-x86/arm/arm-eabi-4.7/bin/arm-eabi-strip --strip-unneeded $i; mv $i out/target/product/thunderc/system/lib/modules/; done; fi
stripping. Regular build of the kernel does not do that.

nitestalkr

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site

Do you turn the phone off every day, or do you leave it on 24-7 like I do?

Yea, pretty much. Although when it dies, i usually let it be dead for a few hours throughout the day.

I was able to get out of this by leaving the "trebuchet has stopped working" message alone and pulling status bar down which allowed me to get into settings and reapply the system launcher. I then deleted trebuchet. Admittedly Foolishly caused this myself by actually picking trebuchet.

I was on 02202014 internal build when it happened, so i only had trebuchet.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
123dzo