[ROM+Kernel][CM-11.0][4.4.4][OS2SD/internal][f2fs]bigsuperROM-thunderc-4.4.4

Feb 19, 2011
Visit site
Re: [ROM+Kernel][CM-11.0][4.4.2]OV-KitKat (JBC based)

Amazing, I was like, okay clock lag is now a day behind for me. I need to see if an update is loaded. And lo and behold, an update! Like mana from heaven. I'm going to install as soon as I get a free day. Is there a good post # where there is easy bonehead instructions? Or is that pending someone getting to a keyboard?
Thanks for the update! I'm eager to use it.
I'll fix the easy bonehead instructions by the time the linaro builds are up. You might wanna wait on that flash, it won't be too long now.
Old skinny gapps now uploaded to my drive gapps folder. skinny sd gapps with up to date gms core soon. Pending more testing, it seemed to slow things down. //edit: sped up after a while, the first boot both with and without gapps are pretty laggy until they settle in.

yaconsult

Jun 14, 2011
Visit site
Re: [ROM+Kernel][CM-11.0][4.4.3][OS2SD/internal][bigsuperROM-thunderc-4.4.3]

I have to say, the os2sd version is working very nicely now. Thank you to all the developers that have put their time and effort into this. And for getting the latest os2sd working on the optimus, HUGE thanks to bigsupersquid in particular!

I suppose the internal version might work for some people who install only a few apps, but once you get over a few pages of apps in your app drawer, you are going to start running into space problems. You first notice that updates fail because downloading the update fills up the space needed to actually do the install. Even if you diligently clean everything you can and move everything possible with something like link2sd, you will reach the point where you start having problems with updates and installs. Or you will move something that shouldn't/can't be moved and mess up your phone.

In my opinion, kitkat runs better on this phone than the original froyo that came on it! Truly amazing.

Feb 19, 2011
Visit site

ok, about to test internal for release.
I tested dlna screencast with bubbleupnp free version on day old os2sd... I couldn't believe the dang thing worked!
But my camcorder was down.

//edit: nope, -O3 ain't gonna fly on internal. Bad linker. Bad jump range. Blah blah blah. Oh, wait. That's with the android_build missynced and back to standard androidarmv6. Sigh....

Last edited:
Feb 19, 2011
Visit site

...Thank you to all the developers that have put their time and effort into this....
In my opinion, kitkat runs better on this phone than the original froyo that came on it! Truly amazing.
I agree, both points.
Without skinbark and thekraven providing progress and source code I certainly wouldn't have the product I do at this time.
Techvendetta simplified the recovery and partitioning.
And of course androidarmv6. CM. Google. Optimus One and other devs here and there on the kernel. Now justarchi. And I kanged how to set the kernel toolchain in boardconfig from liquidsmooth. On and on.

yaconsult

Jun 14, 2011
Visit site

I have just tried the latest switfkey which is now FREE in the play store and it seems to work fine with this rom. It also includes a free theme pack - I like the pumpkin theme.

Feb 19, 2011
Visit site

I forgot to mention, all the new builds, developer options are not hidden. I cherry-picked that from PAC back when I had a day or so of building before messing up device files and causing bootlooping.
With the -O3 optimizations, the base internal build with every possible extraneous app kicked over into /extras in the zip, is still 150Mb.
A bit big for S users plus gapps.
I would like to make a test version which installs things like browser and calendar to /data instead of /system to open some space. The optimization speed difference should be worth it. Opinons?

Last edited:
Feb 19, 2011
Visit site

The build mentioned in the previous post is uploading now. On an S, it's going to be thin for gapps. 12Mb for the nice Skinny ones. So, 162Mb system size? I think that might be dang-bang on for old S's and a little too much for newer ones.
If you don't have 12-13 Mb free on /system (look in settings>phone info>partitions) after first boot, you'll have to move Browser, Calendar, DeskClock and so on at around 1.1 Mb each (3.3 for Gallery2) over to /data/app with adb or sideload a terminal or something. File Manager and Terminal got cut to save space. Terminal is in /extras but FileManager was acting up and I pulled it for now from the build. I'll replace it soon.

Ugh. Had to pull the -O3 builds... linker errors galore. Even though internal seemed to work OK, adb said busybox and other things were completely broken.
I wonder why? Maybe cleaning ccache will help. We'll see. can't upload a build until busybox works :p

Oh, and the installer instructions are cleaned up some. Thanks yaconsult for suggestions... I left out the bit about partitioning in twrp.

I may also have to mention again, I use philz more for internal installs, because the twrp messes with me internal flashing lots of zips that use busybox to mount system.

Last edited:

yaconsult

Jun 14, 2011
Visit site

I am just curious what the attraction of the internal version is - is it faster? Why be constantly on the verge of a full filesystem and having to shoehorn stuff in? Just for the challenge/fun of it? I guess I like having too many apps installed.

Feb 19, 2011
Visit site

I am just curious what the attraction of the internal version is - is it faster? Why be constantly on the verge of a full filesystem and having to shoehorn stuff in? Just for the challenge/fun of it? I guess I like having too many apps installed.
I dunno, but there seems to be some demand. It's an easy build variant so I put both versions up.
Dumb issues with the linaro builds or I'd have one up by now.

Melvin Jefferson

Dec 30, 2013
Visit site

I forgot to mention, all the new builds, developer options are not hidden. I cherry-picked that from PAC back when I had a day or so of building before messing up device files and causing bootlooping.
With the -O3 optimizations, the base internal build with every possible extraneous app kicked over into /extras in the zip, is still 150Mb.
A bit big for S users plus gapps.
I would like to make a test version which installs things like browser and calendar to /data instead of /system to open some space. The optimization speed difference should be worth it. Opinons?

Sure I'm with it

Toucan4267

Jun 4, 2012
Visit site

I dunno, but there seems to be some demand. It's an easy build variant so I put both versions up.
Dumb issues with the linaro builds or I'd have one up by now.

I use the internal with a script that just moves some things to external, and so I still have 150 apps or so. I don't know--is there anyone out there interested in a strictly internal build? If not, I wonder if we could bake my script into bigsuper ROM. If so, I might be able to do something up that would save some of the trimming.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using AC Forums mobile app

Feb 19, 2011
Visit site

I use the internal with a script that just moves some things to external, and so I still have 150 apps or so. I don't know--is there anyone out there interested in a strictly internal build? If not, I wonder if we could bake my script into bigsuper ROM. If so, I might be able to do something up that would save some of the trimming.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using AC Forums mobile app
I was considering putting that in somehow but hadn't actually looked at it yet :p

badblue1__

Apr 23, 2012
Visit site

As this is my only phone, i am waiting for all the bugs to be ironed out.

But yes, i will need the internal build because i am still running the stock wussy 2gb sd card!!!

I will greatly appreciate the chance to be able to run this rom;)

Thank you so much bigsupersquid for all your hard work! :)

Feb 19, 2011
Visit site

even my cheap self has bought a variety as prices went down. First a 4, then an 8, then hispeed 8, then 16, then high speed media 32 (around $20, that one, but it's been months.)
Lots to play with. Haven't fried one yet (knock on wood)

It looks like something in the optimizations did bork the build up. I cleaned twice and rebuilt with default toolchain and flags (except kernel, still linaro gcc 4.7) and busybox ran in recovery indicating it's properly linked. Trebuchet has been messed up and fc'ing, logs of it for days online. I will revert it to a working version before releasing anything newer.

dradzanowski

Jun 29, 2013
Visit site

Well, flashed it, clean and dirty. Still have the speakerphone switcheroo. Anyone else having it? It's getting bad because my speakerphone is partially blown due to some music I played (haha Skrillex).

Feb 19, 2011
Visit site

Well, flashed it, clean and dirty. Still have the speakerphone switcheroo. Anyone else having it? It's getting bad because my speakerphone is partially blown due to some music I played (haha Skrillex).
I've never had that happen except early kernel experimentation. And the git got trashed so I've lost the commit. I know board-thunderc has it in there somewhere.
that skrillex is pretty shrill. high-power speaker killer, yep. needs inductive speakers to handle it properly :p
See if I can find the tweak for reversing it.

Feb 19, 2011
Visit site

I got a -O3 linaro build working on internal.
Trebuchet has been messed up for days, I will drop in a prebuilt that works and post an unsigned zip.
camcorder still borked up. I think the rest is good except the compass. 10.91 linpack.
skinny gapps only, no more room than that on an S. Well, I got it down to 138 Mb, so maybe you can fit more on there.

I got working Trebuchet in it signed, by pasting it into the priv-app folder after it built but before it made the ota.
Both versions built, now to test.

Last edited: