[ROM+Kernel][CM-11.0][4.4.4][OS2SD/internal][f2fs]bigsuperROM-thunderc-4.4.4

Casey Campanile

Dec 3, 2013
Visit site
Hmm. That sucks. Okay, so I should get the pa_gapps to replace the skinny gapps for use with the 10/25. Gonna have to try that...here's hoping it helps, because even after having switched data & system back to ext4, the ROM still won't boot at all. :/

UPDATE 1459: ...wutdafuq!? So...following the flashing directions precisely (ROM>Sprint Fix>pa_gapps>pa_facilitator), the installation went fine...but once again, it won't boot!! After the LG screen, it goes into the blue/black screen and just sits there...it's been that way for nearly 15min...

Try repartitioning from scratch and make sure you are using the 2.8 twrp.

nitestalkr

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
Will the "HOLO camera/gallery+" have auto focus or does disabling auto focus mean it won't work on any apps period?

HOLO camera+ uses auto exposure, which acts kinda like auto focus. It also has a lot of software tweaks built in that you can adjust to your liking. Nothing seems blurred or out of focus for my usage.

@Squid, I still use one of the non internal skinny gapps and haven't had any issues related to it. I just wipe all partitions clean and reformat to the correct partition format, flash ROM, skinny Gapps, performance mod, and I'm usually good to go.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2

Shinkenred

Mar 3, 2012
Visit site
Try repartitioning from scratch and make sure you are using the 2.8 twrp.

It *is* the 2.8 one. That's the only one I have.

As for repartitioning from scratch...hmmm...that's a bit extreme. If I have to do that, I may as well try it with this 16GB class 4 that my ex gave me which was in her (barely functional) L70/Exceed 2.

Feb 19, 2011
Visit site
It *is* the 2.8 one. That's the only one I have.

As for repartitioning from scratch...hmmm...that's a bit extreme. If I have to do that, I may as well try it with this 16GB class 4 that my ex gave me which was in her (barely functional) L70/Exceed 2.

a class 4 is actually supposed to work well because of the read speeds.

I updated the pa_facilitator, or use the gapps the way nitestalkr sez.

QuinnSF

Mar 31, 2011
Visit site
I've tried loading various different gapps from the OP download link and just loading the pa_facilitator without gapps but I still can't login to a google account.

Do I wait for the new pa_facilitator that you are working on?

Last edited:
Feb 19, 2011
Visit site
I've tried loading various different gapps from the OP download link and just loading the pa_facilitator without gapps but I still can't login to a google account.

Do I wait for the new pa_facilitator that you are working on?
can't get vending working this moment, so I'd advise the skinny-gapps-new, but not the internal version, no facilitator or other gapps..

QuinnSF

Mar 31, 2011
Visit site
After many tries, the skinny-gapps-new worked!

It's noticeably slower than when it wasn't working. Should I flash the PurePerformances Mod too?

Last edited:

nitestalkr

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
I get "E:MD 5 does not match" error when flashing skinny-gapps-new after flashing "cm-11-20141014-EXPERIMENTAL-internal_bigsuperROM-thunderc.zip". Should I be using "CronMod-INT2EXT+_OptimusV.zip" instead?

Cronmod is just an additional mod you can use to move apps to an ext partition to help free up space.

It looks like you need to redownload gapps. An md5 mismatch usually indicates an error occurred while downloading the file.

Also, if you're using the internal ROM, you should be using the corresponding internal gapps.

QuinnSF

Mar 31, 2011
Visit site
HOLO camera+ uses auto exposure, which acts kinda like auto focus. It also has a lot of software tweaks built in that you can adjust to your liking. Nothing seems blurred or out of focus for my usage.

@Squid, I still use one of the non internal skinny gapps and haven't had any issues related to it. I just wipe all partitions clean and reformat to the correct partition format, flash ROM, skinny Gapps, performance mod, and I'm usually good to go.

Just to double check, is this the right camera app? https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.nemesis.cameraholoplus&hl=en

Feb 19, 2011
Visit site
After many tries, the skinny-gapps-new worked!

It's noticeably slower than when it wasn't working. Should I flash the PurePerformances Mod too?

if you were using os2sd, I'd say
use my version of CrossBreeder in one of the first few posts. it has adblock. The app to control it from the original CrossBreeder thread (linked in the download post) helps with it too.
but on internal, I doubt you can fit either of them. what's your system partition free space under settings>about phone>partition info? You need about 3 MB free.

oh, and it's slower because gapps suck down your ram, and add about 5 or 6 processes (at least) to what's always running.
play services has 'wake up' and 'keep awake' privileges you can deny in app opps, though.

Feb 19, 2011
Visit site
pa_facilitator rebased off of pa_gapps pico package, fixes armv7 glitches and installs latest base Gapps including newest gmscore and vending.

future references to 'my' maintained gapps will be to this.
Uploading as soon as androidfilehost works out their issue and allows uploads again :p

also, will upload latest ext4, with mp4 hardware-decoded streaming capability (good samples of complete shows and movies to watch (stream OR download) are available at http://www.manythings.org/podcasts/old/mp4_090111.html)

Last edited:

QuinnSF

Mar 31, 2011
Visit site
if you were using os2sd, I'd say
use my version of CrossBreeder in one of the first few posts. it has adblock. The app to control it from the original CrossBreeder thread (linked in the download post) helps with it too.
but on internal, I doubt you can fit either of them. what's your system partition free space under settings>about phone>partition info? You need about 3 MB free.

oh, and it's slower because gapps suck down your ram, and add about 5 or 6 processes (at least) to what's always running.
play services has 'wake up' and 'keep awake' privileges you can deny in app opps, though.

Besides ad block, does it make the phone faster? I'm trying to download a 12mb app but there's not enough storage even though my internal has 31 mb free ;(, going to try the os2sd. But should I wait for the new pa_gapps first?

What do you mean by app opps? Is it in the applications section of settings?

Feb 19, 2011
Visit site
Besides ad block, does it make the phone faster? I'm trying to download a 12mb app but there's not enough storage even though my internal has 31 mb free ;(, going to try the os2sd. But should I wait for the new pa_gapps first?

makes the browser faster, overall it seems to smooth the phone but it's hard to quantify. PurePerformances is mostly older CrossBreeder.

internal is /very/ limited. I don't use it at all except for testing.

New uploads going up soon, pa_facilitator first (facilitator in https://www.androidfilehost.com/?w=files&flid=20340)

new ext4 os2sd with media streaming improvements too, if the newest boots and runs ok. been playing with omx stuff.

app opps is a widget. long press home screen, widgets, settings, put it somewhere, app ops.
it lets you control all permissions of every app on the device.
good stuff.

Last edited:
Mar 30, 2012
Visit site

When I installed internal a couple of weeks ago, I could not get the cronmod int2ext to work for the life of me. Every time I flashed it, the phone would get stuck at the Cyanogenmod logo during boot and never go past it.

I ended up installing mounts2sd from the Play Store to be able to use the sd-ext partition. Worked out pretty well for me.

Flashing skinny_gapps_new_internal instead of one of the other gapps allowed me the extra space to install a few apps before I had sd-ext working, due to the older smaller gms core.

QuinnSF

Mar 31, 2011
Visit site
When I installed internal a couple of weeks ago, I could not get the cronmod int2ext to work for the life of me. Every time I flashed it, the phone would get stuck at the Cyanogenmod logo during boot and never go past it.

I ended up installing mounts2sd from the Play Store to be able to use the sd-ext partition. Worked out pretty well for me.

Flashing skinny_gapps_new_internal instead of one of the other gapps allowed me the extra space to install a few apps before I had sd-ext working, due to the older smaller gms core.

I was trying to mount my SD card yeaterday w/ ext3 but it never worked, turns out only ext4 works for internal. I installed the non internal gapps, that's probably why I could only load <10mb apps. I loaded the OS2SD and it is freaking awesome! You should switch to it instead of internal if you haven't yet, it's sooo much better. Thanks bigsupersquid!