How can I update to new aospcMod releases on my Optimus V?

antgly

Sep 28, 2010
Visit site
When a new version of aospcMod comes out, do I have to wipe everything to install it, or is there a way I can do it over the older version?

Thanks,
antgly

JerryScript

Daydream Believer
Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
This really depends upon what ROM you currently are using. If you are updating from the previous aospCM7 release, you can skip wiping.

However, I have found issues doing it this way. It may be more tedious, but I suggest you ALWAYS wipe your caches before flashing a new ROM.

For example, I did not wipe when I switched to the latest release. No issues for a few days, then I tried using my camera, and FCs left and right. So I went back in, wiped the caches, and no problems since.

Use Titanium backup before you wipe, and you'll have a much easier time setting up your apps once finished, just install Titanium from the market, then use it to reinstall your apps with data.

mmarz

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
Backup with Titanium Backup. Wipe. Flash Updated Rom. Restore with Titanium Backup. It'll restore your Google accounts, and OS settings too. This is the only surefire way to upgrade your Rom and not run into issues. Rom builders often don't test upgrades because by the time they release a Rom, they have flashed 10 different versions over their last public release.

JerryScript

Daydream Believer
Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
Will a simple Dalvik cache wipe suffice?

After the problems I had with my camera, and the music player btw, I've come to the conclusion it's best to do complete wipes.

Forgot to mention:
ALWAYS DO A NANDROID BACKUP BEFORE FLASHING OR REFLASHING!!!

Note- I think I'm going to do a new droid boot animation, the droid backing up before flashing! ;)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals38