How can I add this ?

arhtard

Slacker
Jun 16, 2011
Visit site
I am a BumbleBee user, I love the rom. Period.

I tried Reborn for a brief period, just to see what was different.

Is there anyway I can take a file (or w/e) from Reborn and push it to Bumblebee to get this feature?
I want to add the quick settings on the notification bar dropdown for stuff like wi-fi, 3g, dimmer, screen rotate and bluetooth...
I think I have added the screenshot with the feature I'm after.
I don't want this "widget" on my homescreen.
I just want it in the location in the picture.
Which files would I need to push, etc?

Any help would be much appreciated.
Thanks in advance.

Kreatur3

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
I use mysettings, it is one more click to open it but it's good til something like this is made available on bb.

Sent from my VM670 using Tapatalk

arhtard

Slacker
Jun 16, 2011
Visit site
sorry but when u say "mysettings" what are you referring to?
can i just push the lge-res.apk from the reborn to bb?
i guess i could try and run a restore if it doesnt work.
i hope you reply incase this goes bad for me.

drezliok

Mar 12, 2011
Visit site
sorry but when u say "mysettings" what are you referring to?
can i just push the lge-res.apk from the reborn to bb?
i guess i could try and run a restore if it doesnt work.
i hope you reply incase this goes bad for me.

Its an app from the market.

mmarz

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
This is funny. I stayed on nameless rom because I didn't want that toolbar. You are not going to easily add it in. This would take the work of a rom a dev. You'll have to decompile the correct component from Bumblebee, add the modifications from Reborn, compile the component again, and then resign all of the system apps.

You might be better off using the Reborn rom with the Bumblebee Kernel....Or wait a bit until obijohn releases his pure Gingerbread build, and then you'll forget about all of these lowly Froyo roms.

JerryScript

Daydream Believer
Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
I know it's not even close to the same, but it can give you the same functionality. You swipe down the notification drop down to access this. You can install SwipePad from the market, assign the top right corner to it, and then when you swipe from the that corner in any app, you open SwipePad's overlay. You can assign those settings to this overlay. SwipePad is free, and there are purchaseable add-ons that give even more functionality.

https://market.android.com/details?id=mobi.conduction.swipepad.android&feature=search_result

Last edited:

LeslieAnn

Android Developer
Feb 8, 2011
Visit site
I am a BumbleBee user, I love the rom. Period.

I tried Reborn for a brief period, just to see what was different.

Is there anyway I can take a file (or w/e) from Reborn and push it to Bumblebee to get this feature?
I want to add the quick settings on the notification bar dropdown for stuff like wi-fi, 3g, dimmer, screen rotate and bluetooth...
I think I have added the screenshot with the feature I'm after.
I don't want this "widget" on my homescreen.
I just want it in the location in the picture.
Which files would I need to push, etc?

Take everything from:
system/framework.

Taking only some of it, will create issues unless you want to go through the hassle of finding each specific file you need (no fun, trust me).
However, doing this will give you the theme from Reborn, and may break a few smaller features of Bumblebee, it will certainly remove the TWS fix.

Trying to separate the theme from the bar is SERIOUSLY in depth.
It has code in several files in many places so don't bother.

Also, before anyone gets any smart ideas, don't try making a rom this way, it won't work.

arhtard

Slacker
Jun 16, 2011
Visit site
thanks guys for your input.
i'm thankful for the backup and restore features, lol..
after trying several things and screwing up majorly, i gave up on this idea.
did a restore and got the app widgetsoid to do this for me, for a while anyways.
i cannot lie, it was fun trying... lol

one thing i did notice was my xionia recovery now has a go back option...
not sure what i did there, i hope nothing is boogered up on that side of the system.

but really, thank you all for responding.

arhtard

Slacker
Jun 16, 2011
Visit site
ahhh i found something while looking in the apps folder of reborn.
this is an app called power control settings.
i installed it on my BB rom but it doesnt do anything.
booo.

mmarz

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
The app does the functions, but the links you see in the notification area are just that, links imbedded into the rom pointing at the app. Without the modifications to the rom, the notification area can't have the links.

arhtard

Slacker
Jun 16, 2011
Visit site
The app does the functions, but the links you see in the notification area are just that, links imbedded into the rom pointing at the app. Without the modifications to the rom, the notification area can't have the links.

ok thanks bud

this is more than i can comprehend at this time, lol
i'll just keep mysettings and that swipepad app

fun playing around though.

thanks again mmarz!

arhtard

Slacker
Jun 16, 2011
Visit site
i can't seem to get data2ext to work with reborn rom + pica, tried flashing reborn rom with bumblebee kernel and still couldn't set up data2ext. when i return to bumblebee rom/kernel, easy data2ext setup.
the reborn seems a bit snappier than bb, but, i hate only having 30 megs after installing everything i like to use so i prefer to use bb with data2ext. the reborn seems more colorful but i like having the extra room with bb. it would be nice to have both integrated or something, i dunno. i'm a truck driver and new to this modding world by about a week. trying to catch on/learn cause its fun.