12-22-2009 01:05 PM
162 ... 567
tools
    True that. Look at the new androids to be released in China. They are fugly despite any reviewers saying otherwise to build up hype. Sholes Tablet for example.
    Haha, the Sholes Tablet needs an upgrade in the looks department. Hopefully Motorola doesn't take the Droid's success being based on looks alone. Otherwise, we're gonna see 5 years of landscape QWERTY, boxed Android devices from them.
    12-20-2009 06:55 PM
    I suppose we'll have to wait and see what they look like outside of the world of renders.
    12-20-2009 08:32 PM
    I wonder how many new Android phones we will see by the end of the year. Seems like the just keep coming...but I like it!
    12-20-2009 08:49 PM
    Android, for the time-being, is the new windows mobile.
    12-20-2009 11:33 PM
    Smarhphone round-robin contest entry
    12-20-2009 11:33 PM
    I tell you what, I've been upset (started a new contract before the Hero came out), I had a chance to look at the HTC Hero and man I was BLOWIN away!!! I would give up my Palm Pre in a second for the HTC Hero!!!! That phone has everything I need...who CARES about multi-tasking cards! I tell you what I thought the Pre was the setting the standard in cell phone OS but I was WRONG! If I could get my hands on the HTC Hero I would be a DREAM COME TRUE!!! After just 5 minutes playing around with the HTC Hero, I was HOOKED! PALM watch out, you have some SERIOUS competition and NO I'm not talking about the iPhone!!!!
    What things about the Hero did you like over the Palm or was it just the overall experience? I had a similar reaction to the Droid vs Palm. I think it was the combination of big screen, bigger keyboard and the overall speed that caught my eye. I also liked the built in nav, voice search etc...
    12-21-2009 02:47 PM
    Is this thread good anymore for giveaway entries now that week 2 is underway?
    12-21-2009 02:59 PM
    For devices, I'm using the Droid and the Hero. So I want to know from you all:

1. how do you find the hardware (comfort of use, ease of use)?
    I think that the Droid hardware is very nice. It feels solid and I like the fact that it is a little bit heavy.

2. how do you find the battery life (everyday light/normal use, heavy use)?
    I have been able to get about a day out of the battery.

3. if you we're a BB user and switched up to give Android a test, what do you like and not like about it?
    I like how you can customize everything and the web browsing, I don't feel as though email is as fast on the Droid.

4. what are the must have apps? how does the device do with running them all?
    I have not installed any apps yet.

5. how do you go about loading up the device with media (music, movies, etc.)
    I just load my library from my computer on to the Droid.

6. with all that, i want to know your background - are you in business (using it for professional use), a consumer, a student, young, old, male, female, etc.
    I am a college student.
    and let me know anything else you think I need to know!

Mucho thanks!![/QUOTE]
    12-21-2009 09:10 PM
    I wonder how many new Android phones we will see by the end of the year. Seems like the just keep coming...but I like it!
    Yeah everyone I know is jumping ship to android.
    12-22-2009 11:04 AM
    While there is a lot of talk on the Round Robin forums about potential for splintering with Android similar to WM, it does seem like there is economy of scale right now with so many manufacturers, developers etc getting behind the platform. Great for users to have so many choices and the momentum building...
    12-22-2009 12:08 PM
    another day of entry
    12-22-2009 12:55 PM
    Thanks to everyone who participated in this thread! To continue the Round Robin please check out the following thread:

http://forum.androidcentral.com/othe...e-android.html
    12-22-2009 01:05 PM
162 ... 567
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD