What do you think about Windows 8 Tablets?

Billy95Tech

Apr 10, 2014
Visit site
I have a powerful 11.6 inch Windows 8 tablet Acer Iconia W700 with a I5 Core(1,8GHz) with 4GB of RAM and i am very happy with it and it is very good at heavy tasks like Video editing, Photoshop and it has pretty much replaced my laptop for everything and it is more light weight and way more portable than my laptop.

But i still use my laptop for Hardcore gamng like FIFA but at the moment my laptop is broken/crashed because of my hard drive, i have to wait till October to get it repaired so i am very dependent on my Acer Iconia W700 for now and i really hope it won't crash or my hardrive fails or stop working because it is only my Windows 8 device and is my main computer.

I use my Acer Iconia W700 just to:

Edit my Youtube videos and upload to Youtube.
Surfing the web
Watching videos
Reading the news
Downlading Files, Videos

And with a good case with a good keyboard(non removable) i got from the package i can use it as a laptop as well.

I think Windows 8 tablets(Surface Pro 3, Dell Venue 11 Pro, Acer Iconia W700) are full computers in a tablet form factor and i think it is great because you can take them anywhere you want to because it is very portable then your laptop/macbook and you can get work done like from doing Spreadsheets, Office to advanced works tasks like Video editing, Web Design and it has a FULL desktop OS Windows 8, you can run any program you want from previous Windows versions.

But the bad thing is about Windows 8 tablets i just wish the Windows 8 programs(in desktop) like Windows Movie Maker be more touch friendly because i still have to use a mouse to edit my videos and i don't think there is any good video editors on the Windows app store at the moment.

Can someone suggest any touch friendly and good video editors? if not then i still be happy with using a mouse to edit my videos on Windows Movie Maker.

Anyways Windows 8 tablets are great and hopefully Windows 9 will be even more touch friendly on Tablets.

What do you think about Windows 8 tablets? Do you have a Windows 8 tablet and what do you use it for?

And have you replaced your laptop with a Windows 8 tablet?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Hi--this is Android Central, where we mostly discuss Android devices. Are you interested in an Android user's take on Windows 8 tablets? If not, you may want to post your question in WPCentral instead. Have fun!