Vizio VTAB -- yes, apps can BRICK it!

hugh_h#AC

May 22, 2011
Visit site
I got my VTAB a month or so ago from Woot! "refurbished"
It was clean, but the bluetooth never discovered anything my Entourage did, and nothing discovers it on Bluetooth, so I have to assume that component is dead out of the box. The IR Blaster app is about as bad as you can imagine, and cannot learn or use any of the universal code files.

The other day, I loaded a QR Reader from Market and the next thing I know the unit goes unstable.

When I restarted it, I got:

Sorry!
The application Launcher (process.com.android.launcher) has stopped
unexpectedly. Please try again.

Force close

Force closing just reboots to the same message on unlock. I finally found the update.zip and applied it, but it didn't help!

When I go through the reset sequence, and hit the home button I get (in yellow)
E:Bad boot message
" - [Recovery-1.3]"

I've tried factory reset, and apply update from /sdcard, over and over, but still wind up here.

Once I fiddled with the reset sequence and found a "Safe Mode", but haven't been able to reproduce that, and I don't know how I could fix it permanently from there anyway. Safe Mode isn't documented anywhere -- isn't quick and dirty fun? But that's Android!

If you've got a VTAB, consider using it AS IS or be prepared to have a stupid looking paperweight.

bulvine420

Jul 19, 2011
Visit site
I love my vtab its rooted and have clock work mod and there is almost a rom ready for it honeycomb is on the way. If you get one don't update root it.

Sent from my VTAB1008 using Tapatalk

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87