Hisense Sero 7 Pro - Unboxing pictures (no video)

thatotherdude24

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
When I'm around 84 to 87 square miles it trips over the limit, the outline box in Google Maps shows red, and it says I can't save that large a map. So I just tweak the box until it stops being red and start the save. Also, when you are saving off-line maps the outline of the existing off-line maps will show up, which makes it easier to blanket an area or route. There is a limit to the number of off-line maps you can have but not sure what it is. In your case I'd probably delete that existing 10 square mile map and try it again.

So if I wanted to save a whole state I would just align the boxes so they overlap slightly then save it? When using offline maps and I go out of range for one saved map does it automatically pick up on the next map?

Jim_in_VA

Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
I drove about 10 miles down the road with no WiFi connection and the GPS knew where I was. The only time it asked for a data connection was when I wanted to switch from standard to satellite view. Other than that it worked fine without a data connection. I did not save any maps to the Sero

Tadb123

May 15, 2013
Visit site
I've been reading about how someone trying to use the navigation and GPS while traveling in a car. To me these WiFi only devices, which most tablets are, need to be tethered to your cellphone, then you can use any feature on your tablet wherever you are.

Sent from my M470BSA using Android Central Forums

lancorp

Jun 3, 2013
Visit site
Did you notice that the description and the pictures show no cutout for the speakers. Is that normal for a case?

Not sure if it is "normal" or not, but my Blurex case for my N7 does have a series of small holes on the back of the case where the N7 speakers are so the sound can be clearly heard.

Also, I emailed Blurex yesterday about the possibility of them making a case for the Hisense Sero Pro 7 and they (unfortunately) said they have no plans right now. Boooo... :(

dougf4

Jun 28, 2012
Visit site
Day three of the mysterious move by Walmart to remove all store availability information and user comments from the Sero 7 page. Wonder what is behind this decision?

The tablet was receiving really strong comments. Maybe it was all the talk about the store staff not having a clue that it existed or that they had them in stock right under their noses without realizing it. Anyway, I have mine and think think that my wife is going to inherit my Nexus 7.

Hisense Sero 7 Pro 7" Tablet Quad Core Processor with 8GB Memory, M470BSA: Computers : Walmart.com

akcapand

Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
The site simplys says now that store information isn't available... which is far better than the previous highly inaccurate information. I suspect the review comment removal is a glitch: aside from a few nits, the reviews on the device seem overwhelmingly positive.

kygator13

Feb 27, 2010
Visit site
I just exchanged mine, here is what the shelf looked like. The sales guy knew the Hisense name, but nothing about this tablet. I gave him a little education on it. He did say they have been selling a lot of them.

Sent from there can only be HTC One

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1370440740446.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1370440740446.jpg
    89.8 KB · Views: 30

fotyc

Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
I got my 32gb SD card (SanDisk) and put it into the slot last night, it fits fine and the hatch closes. The card is clearly mounted and working properly as now if I take a photo with the camera it shows up in the DCIM folder on the card. However, I seem to be unable to read it in my little reader/adapter thing on my PC - it keeps saying "insert a card" and I don't think there is a write protect set anywhere as I use the reader frequently for the card from my daughter's cell phone. Have to go look into that, as I wanted to copy some EPUBs from my PC to my card and have them available to me in Aldiko. I may have to install something like AirDroid if I can't figure out why the card isn't reading in the PC.

kygator13

Feb 27, 2010
Visit site
Mr and Mrs Moderators, do you think that the Hisense Sero 7 Pro can have its own thread yet with all of this volume? Thank you very much!

Jim_in_VA

Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
odd that Walmart.com only shows the LT version. My local Walmart (Gloucester, VA) has a stack of 10 Pro's locked up in a glass case.

atlantaacman

Jul 9, 2012
Visit site
Received my i-blason case for the pro today. I like it. It does have cut outs for the speakers. Be careful when you open the stylus that the rubber piece doesn't get stressed or it will fall off. That goodness for super glue. It shipped yesterday and I got it today. I live 20 minutes from them. I only wish other was more than 1 fold and stand option. Although it is a good angle when setting it on your chest or stomach. My screen is cleaner using the stylus. It also has a magnetic closure.