Panorama Photo Modes

Mustachio

Jun 3, 2010
Visit site
I bought my Note 7 on August 19, the release day in the U.S. With that phone I was able to take panoramic photos and upload them to Facebook, where the viewer could pan through them from side to side using the mouse.

Since that phone was recalled, my new Note 7 unit works differently. My panoramic photos are still noted as panoramic on the phone, but when I upload one to FB, it displays all at once, thin top-to-bottom and the entire width showing. Viewers cannot pan through them using the mouse.

Viewing the pictures on the phone with the Gallery, the original panoramic photos display the globe icon on them, meaning that they are panoramas. But panoramas taken with my new phone don't display the globe symbol (in gallery mode), though they do display a panorama symbol when the photo is viewed in single-picture mode.

I seem to remember there being two panorama-type photo modes on my original phone: one that let me pan left to right (as I can now with the new unit), and one that let me pan left, right, up, and down. This new unit doesn't offer a mode that lets me pan in all four directions; that photo mode seems to be missing.

I don't recall if I used that missing mode to capture the original panoramas or not, however.

Can anyone confirm what I remember about the missing panorama mode? Does anyone with a new unit have both modes?

Last edited: