Hisense Sero 7 Pro - Unboxing pictures (no video)

Michael Vieux

Mar 22, 2013
Visit site
I have had my Pro for a couple months now and its a great value. Just need to root it? I have never rooted a device, since my original droid Eris. Kinda scared to, but with a five year old and games on the tablet storage/ app to SD is all I want. If a 16 gig version was released I would be in.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yf0HZhrGMDU&feature=youtube_gdata_player

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2297246

Sent from my M470BSA using AC Forums mobile app

djsunyc

Oct 20, 2011
Visit site
anybody receiving a video lag to the audio when using a HDMI out wire? seems the audio comes in first, then the video is about a 1/2 second late. any remedies?

Michael Vieux

Mar 22, 2013
Visit site
anybody receiving a video lag to the audio when using a HDMI out wire? seems the audio comes in first, then the video is about a 1/2 second late. any remedies?

Perhaps your video player, I use BS Player without any lag
Your videos
Your HDMI cable
Your TV
Your Tablet

bigbazinga

Aug 11, 2013
Visit site
Having the screen protector helped dramatically with finger prints/smudges. They're non existent.
I already had a bunch of these:

4 Piece Microfiber Cleaning Cloths

and cut a piece about 8" x 8" that would fit folded in my case's accessory compartment and just wipe the screen after each session before putting the tablet back in its case. Microfiber cloths are great for such things and don't scratch the LCD.

Love the Sero 7 Pro and it amazes me that it isn't pushed by Walmart, but they are, after all, mostly tech stupid. I don't have the heating while charging problems mentioned by others regardless of whether I'm charging while using a USB port or the AC adapter nor do I have the SD card slot cover coming open on its own even though there is an SD card in the slot. Date of manufacture sticker says 20130418 which is 18 April 2013.

Last edited:

Pat Davies

Sep 7, 2013
Visit site
I've got the Pro version of this and recently the touch screen goes mad occasionally. It doesn't relate to where you touch it. Anyone else have this issue? I think I will be returning it.

Secondly is there any way to have two or more users logging in, so I can safely lend it to someone and they can't access my games etc.

Michael Vieux

Mar 22, 2013
Visit site
I've got the Pro version of this and recently the touch screen goes mad occasionally. It doesn't relate to where you touch it. Anyone else have this issue? I think I will be returning it.

Secondly is there any way to have two or more users logging in, so I can safely lend it to someone and they can't access my games etc.

The screen issue in most cases, has been linked to using a charger other than the factory one.

I use a charger that puts out enough amps, but the screen is unpredictable.
Plug it into the factory charger and it's fine.

Second question is possible, but not easy. I no longer have the links to the methods or software.
Try searching this Thread, or Google search.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using AC Forums mobile app

Pat Davies

Sep 7, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for the reply. I use a combination of the provided charger and another one, although I don't see how the charge can affect the screen. I will try and only use the provided one though and see how it works.

Michael Vieux

Mar 22, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for the reply. I use a combination of the provided charger and another one, although I don't see how the charge can affect the screen. I will try and only use the provided one though and see how it works.

A Hisense support person posted somewhere in this thread or another, that it did make a difference, and was not recommended that you use a third party charger.

I charge mine overnight with a third party charger, but if I try to use it while charging, I have the same problem as you.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using AC Forums mobile app

bigbazinga

Aug 11, 2013
Visit site
Just FYI, on my first use of the tablet with GPS and Bluetooth turned off and the LCD on auto-brightness indoors, I got 9 hours and 37 minutes of use before the battery reached 20%. I was web browsing, downloading and installing apps and trying them out, and watching HD videos. Very impressed.

bigbazinga

Aug 11, 2013
Visit site
On my Sony 55" TV everything is properly centered.
It may be a setting on the TV that automatically expands the view from the tablet
There is a setting on my TV that will fill the screen, but cuts off the edges.

Did you turn up the sound on the tablet and in the app you're using, Netflix, etc.

I remember from my ASUS Transformer, there being a problem with some TV brands that the sound would not work. I remember one was Panasonic, can't remember the others

Sent from my M470BSA
No sound on an older 37" Vizio LCD HDTV and none on a brand new Vizio 50" LCD HDTV. This needs to be further investigated as we now have two brands where audio doesn't work with HDMI out. This may not be a TV brand issue but instead a Sero 7 Pro issue, Android issue or HD video player app issue. I using the free BS Player. Not much use having HMDI output without sound.

bigbazinga

Aug 11, 2013
Visit site
No sound on an older 37" Vizio LCD HDTV and none on a brand new Vizio 50" LCD HDTV. This needs to be further investigated as we now have two brands where audio doesn't work with HDMI out. This may not be a TV brand issue but instead a Sero 7 Pro issue, Android issue or HD video player app issue. I using the free BS Player. Not much use having HMDI output without sound.
I found the problem. Even though the video player app will indicate that the volume is at whatever you set it at, the tablet is automatically audio muted when an HDMI cable is plugged in. Plug in the cable with the tablet on, go to Settings via the icon and unmute the sound. The volume setting will go to 100% and the HDMI sound output to the TV will work while the tablet's speakers will actually still be muted, a good thing since when the TV audio is used, there's no reason to waste the tablet's battery power on audio.

Michael Vieux

Mar 22, 2013
Visit site

I used mine last week on the Samsung TV at a La Quinta hotel without any problems.

I know this question may seem to simplistic, and I apologize for asking it, but you do know that BS Player has its own volume control.
The volume on the tablet can be turned all the way up, but if it is turned down in BS Player you won't be able to hear anything on the TV.

bigbazinga

Aug 11, 2013
Visit site
I used mine last week on the TV at a La Quinta hotel without any problems. I don't remember what brand TV it was, sorry.

I know this question may seem to simplistic, and I apologize for asking it, but you do know that BS Player has its own volume control.
The volume on the tablet can be turned all the way up, but if it is turned down in BS Player you won't be able to hear anything on the TV.

I found the problem as described in my post above that was made at exactly the same time you made yours. The problem is that Android automatically mutes the tablet audio when an HDMI cable is plugged in. That also mutes the audio from or to the video player app, but the BS Player app at least doesn't actually sense that and will indicate a 100% (or whatever you set) volume level even thought the audio is muted by Android. It could very well be that other player apps are smart enough to know to unmute the sound after sensing that an HDMI cable has been plugged in.

So, the proper sequence is, turn on tablet and let it boot, plug in the HDMI cable, go to Settings via that icon and unmute the sound, run video player app, run videos. If the sound doesn't work at that point you have a defective Sero 7, a bad cable, or the monitor doesn't like the output of video decoder your video player app is using.

Last edited:

Michael Vieux

Mar 22, 2013
Visit site
I found the problem as described in my post above that was made at exactly the same time you made yours. The problem is that Android automatically mutes the tablet audio when an HDMI cable is plugged in. That also mutes the audio from or to the video player app, but the BS Player app at least doesn't actually sense that and will indicate a 100% (or whatever you set) volume level even thought the audio is muted by Android. It could very well be that other player apps are smart enough to know to unmute the sound after sensing that an HDMI cable has been plugged in.

So, the proper sequence is, turn on tablet and let it boot, plug in the HDMI cable, go to Settings via that icon and unmute the sound, run video player app, run videos. If the sound doesn't work at that point you have a defective Sero 7, a bad cable, or the monitor doesn't like the output of video decoder your video player app is using.

Yeah we must have posted at the same time. :)

Glad you got everything working.
I use my Sero for video to TV all the time, and know it can be annoying when things don't work as expected.

Jim_in_VA

Oct 22, 2012
Visit site

72Bobby

Jun 8, 2013
Visit site
I just received a system update to my Sero 7 Pro. It now reflects Build Number P756.6.02.20.00
I will now boot my wife's and see if it also receives the update. She received it also. A 1.7 MByte Update.

gberpa

Nov 3, 2011
Visit site
I just received a system update to my Sero 7 Pro. It now reflects Build Number P756.6.02.20.00
I will now boot my wife's and see if it also receives the update. She received it also. A 1.7 MByte Update.
Does anyone know what this update actually does? I received an update notice but am rooted and the update failed to install. Unless its a 'gamebreaker',
I may not want to bother as I have FolderMount and Link2SD working and its as smooth as silk.

bigbazinga

Aug 11, 2013
Visit site