Hisense Sero 7 Pro - Unboxing pictures (no video)

Joe Barry

Jul 16, 2013
Visit site
Just an FYI to anybody who may be returning the tablet for whatever reason: I returned mine today and ran into problems, part of it was employees. The service desk called up somebody from electronics to check over the tablet before they accepted the return. The first guy said they wouldn't accept the return because the serial number on the box didn't match the serial number on the tablet, I started getting frustrated and insisted somebody else come look at it. Eventually somebody else came up to compare serial numbers....she said as well the numbers didn't match, she was then on the phone for a while and they ended up accepting the return. I also got the 2 year extended warranty with my Sero Pro, I ordered it online and did the pickup in store. The guy that rang up my tablet when I got it didn't ring up the extra warranty so it didn't appear on the receipt, I showed them the confirmation emails for the service plan and the invoice that showed the service plan and tablet and they still wouldn't give me a refund for the extended warranty. They gave me a number for Walmart.com and said I had to call them to get a refund for my extended warranty......I haven't called yet but will be this evening. I was at the store an hour for all this.

Sounds like an isolated incident to me....it is Wallyworld for a reason though.

Joe Barry

Jul 16, 2013
Visit site
I'm having problem with my microsd 64gb. I wasn't able to play some of the movies after putting them on the card so I thought maybe it was a format issue, so I took it out of the tab and put it on usb adapter and formatted to FAT32 again. What i noticed was after about 4 videos totaling little over 4GB whatever i put on wasn't playing. It seems to only recognize it as a file and doesn't show any frame size, length etc. only file size. I thought it was the problem with the movie, but it didn't matter which movie. If I put on 5 of the same movies, first 4 would play and 5th wouldn't. Do you think it's the problem with the microsd card? I didn't have a spare so I couldn't test with another card. Next thing is to go get another card. I bought this generic microsd from ebay for about $20. So I'm thinking it must be bad.

It's a not a bad card rather it's a FAKE 64GB, sorry but I can't believe you thought you could buy a 64GB card for $20, sounds like you have wasted far more in your time than you "saved". This has happened numerous times with usb flash drives too for PC, in-fact back a few years a girl in Miami was busted by Sandisk & the FBI for selling fake sandisk on the cheap on the ebay, supposedly she sold thousands of them before she got busted. They have a way of faking it to read 64GB when in reality it's not, the real proof of the pudding is exactly the problems you are reporting. AGAIN if the price is too good to be true........there's a reason why it's soooooooo cheap, consider this if they sold it for $20 what did they pay for it wholesale? $5 shouldn't that be a clue? there are selling it to make money NOT to give you a "good deal". I still can't believe people fall for these types of scams in this day & age; it's a very old con.

Joe Barry

Jul 16, 2013
Visit site
I've had plenty of other issues with this store but at my girlfriends store I've never had any. This store is not a very good one unfortunately.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 4

Well you should have explained that it was the manufacture date to them, then turned the Tablet on and showed them the Serial number that is displayed in the Tablet info properties; that would have really drove them nuts, because it doesn't match the box or the back of the unit :eek:

Tadb123

May 15, 2013
Visit site
Sounds like it may be a mislabeled SD card regarding it's size, but if you are curious about that you can go to "Google play"and download a free app, "my SD analyzer," and see what size it identifies it as. It's actually a pretty good tool.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using AC Forums mobile app

gberpa

Nov 3, 2011
Visit site
It's a not a bad card rather it's a FAKE 64GB, sorry but I can't believe you thought you could buy a 64GB card for $20, sounds like you have wasted far more in your time than you "saved". This has happened numerous times with usb flash drives too for PC, in-fact back a few years a girl in Miami was busted by Sandisk & the FBI for selling fake sandisk on the cheap on the ebay, supposedly she sold thousands of them before she got busted. They have a way of faking it to read 64GB when in reality it's not, the real proof of the pudding is exactly the problems you are reporting. AGAIN if the price is too good to be true........there's a reason why it's soooooooo cheap, consider this if they sold it for $20 what did they pay for it wholesale? $5 shouldn't that be a clue? there are selling it to make money NOT to give you a "good deal". I still can't believe people fall for these types of scams in this day & age; it's a very old con.

I hate to admit this but... I posted earlier on this forum of getting 2 -64 Gb cards on e-Bay for about $36. One of them I put in my Thrive after copying stuff from a good 32 Gb card. No problem formatting it or copying data. However, it began deleting individual files and folders from my music and pictures directory on the card (yeh, I had plenty of backups)and I wound up with a bunch of things in the Lost.dir folder. I finally checked it with SD Card Analyst from the Play Store and sure enough it's bad. The other one, for now in my Sero 7, checked ok as far as reading (very slow: 1-2 Mb/s), writing, and verifying. While it works with FolderMount and seems ok , I have had problems getting Link2SD to work with it . Now that I'm back home after a trip, I am going to copy CWM backups on it to my PC and am going to get a name brand replacement. Lesson learned!

May 29, 2013
Visit site
Finally got ahold of a Sero 7 Pro this morning at my Wal-Mart. I used the online ordering option and picked up at the store, which was relatively hassle free. Did have to wait about 10 minutes while they looked for my order. After using the Sero for only a few hours, I absolutely love this thing and am having a lot of fun with it. It has handled everything I have thrown at it with ease. At this price ($129) and for what you get, it is by far the best deal going. Also picked up a $10 Belkin case which is really for a Nexus 7, but fits the Sero nicely as well. Will get an SD card to store my music and play it through my car stereo's aux jack. Was using a Nook HD+ 9", which is also a very good tablet for the money; however, it was becoming a bit of a hassle carrying around with me. I am dumbfounded at how Wal-Mart is pretty much keeping the Sero hidden and doesn't seem to be marketing it at all. This is truly a best kept secret in the tablet world. :)

Added on 8/25/13: Connects to and works flawlessly with my Mac using the Android file transfer app.

Last edited:

NatsuMatto

Jun 7, 2013
Visit site
Thanks, I was waiting for someone to review this case .

I still use my Sero without a case, when I carrying it I keep it in a Blackberry PlayBook envelope case.
Amazon.com : Research in Motion Leather Envelope for BlackBerry PlayBook - Black (ACC-39317-301) : Touch Screen Tablet Computer Cases : Electronics

I got the Poetic case for $9.99, and despite being EXACTLY what it promises to be, I absolutely hate this case.

It's my own fault, though, since I generally hate "folio" style cases anyway -- they double the thickness of the device, as well as (seemingly) double the weight. I liked my Sero 7 Pro because it was so small and light, and the cover makes it feel like a slab in my hands. Poetic also makes an iPad/SmartCover-ish case for the Nexus called the "Slimline," which is exactly what I was hoping to find for the Sero 7 Pro... they don't have it yet, but I wish I would have waited.

Amazon.com : Poetic Slimline Portfolio Case for Google Nexus 7 Android Tablet by Asus Black(Automatically Wakes and Puts the Nexus 7 to Sleep)(3 Year Manufacturer Warranty From Poetic)(Final Version: With Secure Magnetic Closure, Cover Able to Fully

bigbazinga

Aug 11, 2013
Visit site
I got the Poetic case for $9.99, and despite being EXACTLY what it promises to be, I absolutely hate this case.

It's my own fault, though, since I generally hate "folio" style cases anyway -- they double the thickness of the device, as well as (seemingly) double the weight. I liked my Sero 7 Pro because it was so small and light, and the cover makes it feel like a slab in my hands. Poetic also makes an iPad/SmartCover-ish case for the Nexus called the "Slimline," which is exactly what I was hoping to find for the Sero 7 Pro... they don't have it yet, but I wish I would have waited.

Amazon.com : Poetic Slimline Portfolio Case for Google Nexus 7 Android Tablet by Asus Black(Automatically Wakes and Puts the Nexus 7 to Sleep)(3 Year Manufacturer Warranty From Poetic)(Final Version: With Secure Magnetic Closure, Cover Able to Fully

The Case Logic LNEO-7 7-Inch Tablet/eBook Sleeve is too small, tablet fits way too tight:

Amazon.com: Case Logic LNEO-7 7-Inch Tablet/eBook Sleeve (Black): Computers & Accessories

Anyone know of another _padded_ case like the Case Logic one with room to store the USB cable and AC adapter that _does_ fit the 7 pro?

Joe Barry

Jul 16, 2013
Visit site

Cali4YaAngel

Aug 28, 2013
Visit site
Hello I Put A Sd Card In My Hisense Sero 7 Pro But Cant Seem To Figure Out How To Move My Apps To It .... Also When And If Im Able To Move Them Will I Still Be Able To Use Them From The Sd Card ? Any And All Help Would Be Great Im A Novice With This Stuff :) :confused:

Last edited:

Cali4YaAngel

Aug 28, 2013
Visit site
Hello I Put A Sd Card In My Hisense Sero 7 Pro But Cant Seem To Figure Out How To Move My Apps To It .... Also When And If Im Able To Move Them Will I Still Be Able To Use Them From The Sd Card ? Any And All Help Would Be Great Im A Novice With This Stuff

Ral10

May 29, 2013
Visit site
The Case Logic LNEO-7 7-Inch Tablet/eBook Sleeve is too small, tablet fits way too tight:

Amazon.com: Case Logic LNEO-7 7-Inch Tablet/eBook Sleeve (Black): Computers & Accessories

Anyone know of another _padded_ case like the Case Logic one with room to store the USB cable and AC adapter that _does_ fit the 7 pro?

I use this one, but the external / zippered sleeve will not be able to store the AC adapter/plug:

Amazon.com : LUVVITT? MASTER Sleeve - Universal Ballistic Zip Bag for 7 inch Tablets : Computers & Accessories

Tadb123

May 15, 2013
Visit site
Without rooting, you can't put apps on the SD card. However, you can add things like movies,music and photo files.

Sent from my M470BSA using AC Forums mobile app

gberpa

Nov 3, 2011
Visit site
I just ran into a problem. My Sero 7 Pro no longer is "seen" by my Win 7 PC. I tried uninstalling from device manager where it shows with an error icon and re-installing but get notified that it can't find drivers on pc or internet. My device is rooted (xboxexpert method) and I seem to remember it was accessible both before and after rooting. Since that time, I've put in a large number of apps including Link2SD and FolderMount. I just had installed USB OTG Helper to try to read my USBs using an OTG cable but it didn't work so it was uninstalled. Any suggestions? Without USB or pc connectivity, it is tough to transfer files like music other than wirelessly from my LAN or by switching microSDs. The latter is not easy because of offloaded data and.apps on the mounted card.

Michael Vieux

Mar 22, 2013
Visit site
I just ran into a problem. My Sero 7 Pro no longer is "seen" by my Win 7 PC. I tried uninstalling from device manager where it shows with an error icon and re-installing but get notified that it can't find drivers on pc or internet. My device is rooted (xboxexpert method) and I seem to remember it was accessible both before and after rooting. Since that time, I've put in a large number of apps including Link2SD and FolderMount. I just had installed USB OTG Helper to try to read my USBs using an OTG cable but it didn't work so it was uninstalled. Any suggestions? Without USB or pc connectivity, it is tough to transfer files like music other than wirelessly from my LAN or by switching microSDs. The latter is not easy because of offloaded data and.apps on the mounted card.

Is USB Debugging checked or unchecked in Developers Options?
Which ever it is reverse it and see what happens.
I remember it mattered, but not sure which one it was.
No access to a PC right now

Last edited:

gberpa

Nov 3, 2011
Visit site
Is USB Debugging checked or unchecked in Developers Options?
Which ever it is reverse it and see what happens.
I remember it mattered, but not sure which one it was.
No access to a PC right now

Good call! I had USB debugging 'on'. The PC can view the device in the off mode. I was trying the free version of Titanium backup and it wants USB on. Strange. I take it then the trial version won't backup to a PC? Anyone know if the paid version can backup to a PC? Currently, I use CWM backup, periodically bu
Folders, micro SD to my pc and am starting to use App Backup and Restore which I use on my Thrive to archive current and older versions of apps.

terry tucker

Aug 1, 2013
Visit site
I have had my Pro for a couple months now and its a great value. Just need to root it? I have never rooted a device, since my original droid Eris. Kinda scared to, but with a five year old and games on the tablet storage/ app to SD is all I want. If a 16 gig version was released I would be in.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alakmalak