Hisense Sero 7 Pro - Unboxing pictures (no video)

josearmz10789

May 25, 2011
Visit site
Just bought my sero pro but for some reason it won't take my sandisk 32gb class 10 sd card. It takes it but shows 0gb available. Someone else had this problem.

Sent from my N9500 using AC Forums mobile app

jcthorne#AC

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
Looking for a video player. First I actually think the included video player is pretty good. Smooth HD video playback and hdmi out support. But it lacks one feature I could really use. Ac3 audio support. If I load an mp4 file with aac audio it plays perfectly but all of my videos are stored with Ac3 DD 5.1 audio. Or at least most of them. Any way to add ac3 support to the stock player or anyone using another player that can play HD video files with ac3?

I have tried about a dozen and they all have the same problem, very poor video quality. Some support the ac3 audio fine but none seem able to play HD video files without skipping, pixelating etc. The stock player does the video fine, just missing the audio codec needed for ac3.

Any suggestions?

gberpa

Nov 3, 2011
Visit site
Mx player and separate codecs. Works fine on everything I've tried. On mov files taken with my Canon cameras, I sometimes have to click upper rhs and chose sound icon.

Sent from my AT100 using Tapatalk

Michael Vieux

Mar 22, 2013
Visit site
Looking for a video player. First I actually think the included video player is pretty good. Smooth HD video playback and hdmi out support. But it lacks one feature I could really use. Ac3 audio support. If I load an mp4 file with aac audio it plays perfectly but all of my videos are stored with Ac3 DD 5.1 audio. Or at least most of them. Any way to add ac3 support to the stock player or anyone using another player that can play HD video files with ac3?

I have tried about a dozen and they all have the same problem, very poor video quality. Some support the ac3 audio fine but none seem able to play HD video files without skipping, pixelating etc. The stock player does the video fine, just missing the audio codec needed for ac3.

Any suggestions?

You didn't give enough info about what Players you tried or what settings you changed to optimize playback.

BS Player no longer supports ac3, but the older versions did and I never had issues with skipping or pixelating.

MX Player is also a good player that still supports ac3.

Both required you to change the settings to properly play all videos without problems.
And both have excellent online help and instructions for optimizing video playback.

Sent from my M470BSA using AC Forums mobile app

bigbazinga

Aug 11, 2013
Visit site
I really think this can't be underlined enough. For a <$150 wunderkind, it's getting pretty impressive manufacturer support. There are a lot of brands with greater visibility and marketing budgets that should frankly be kind of ashamed of themselves in comparison.
I agree 100%. It's frosting on the cake, the cake being the already incredible hardware value of this now $129 device. I've long looked at Chinese tablets with HDMI out and SD card slots, but they've always had only "grey market" mom and pop importers/retailers and no regular updates from their manufacturers.

jcthorne#AC

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the tip on mx player. Tried it and it seems to be working fine. Any need to purchase the pro version? The ads only seem to pop up on the menu screen, not the video when playing. I can live with that.

Thanks again.

Michael Vieux

Mar 22, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for the tip on mx player. Tried it and it seems to be working fine. Any need to purchase the pro version? The ads only seem to pop up on the menu screen, not the video when playing. I can live with that.

Thanks again.

I never found a need for anything but what the free app offered.
The ads were never intrusive.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using AC Forums mobile app

jcthorne#AC

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
Files larger than 4GB?

I have a 64GB microSD card in the Sero, formatted as fat-32 and it work fine except...no files larger than 4GB. Has a work around for this ever been found that actually works well? Just seems an odd limitation for an OS as up to date as Android 4.2

Michael Vieux

Mar 22, 2013
Visit site
Files larger than 4GB?

I have a 64GB microSD card in the Sero, formatted as fat-32 and it work fine except...no files larger than 4GB. Has a work around for this ever been found that actually works well? Just seems an odd limitation for an OS as up to date as Android 4.2

It's a fat32 limitation not an Android one.
Some devices work with NTFS formated cards, it depends on whether the kernel supports it, not sure about the Sero.
You can always root and use a ROM and kernel that supports NTFS.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1724078

Sent from my M470BSA using AC Forums mobile app

Last edited:
May 29, 2013
Visit site
Stopped at my Wal-Mart this morning to pick up a few things. As I always do, had to swing by the electronics department. While there I saw an ad for the Sero 7 playing on all of the display televisions. First somewhat significant promo I know of for this device. After about a month of daily use, mine is still going strong and there are no problems (aside from the fingerprints and smudges).

May 29, 2013
Visit site
What are some "must have apps" on your Android tablet? After being on iOS for many years, I am really an Android convert, but enjoying learning the system. Just thought I would get other users' input and hear what they like. Thanks! :)

hopefulfarm

Dec 10, 2010
Visit site
What are some "must have apps" on your Android tablet? After being on iOS for many years, I am really an Android convert, but enjoying learning the system. Just thought I would get other users' input and hear what they like. Thanks! :)
AC app
local news outlets x 2
CNN
Maps
Gmail
adobe reader
flashlight app
chrome & dolphin (can't decide which one I like better but dolphin is currently winning)
dropbox
FB, FB pages mgr
Kindle & Nook apps
Weather channel
Twitter
couple of dating site apps

other than that I keep adding and deleting, figuring out what I do and don't use.

EBookGuy

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site
I bought a Sero 7 Pro a few days ago. One thing I thought would be simple is copying data files from my Windows 7 PC to the Sero 7 via the USB cable. Small files (up to about 700MB) copy fine, but larger files (1.25GB and larger) cause Windows File Manager to close with an AppCrash error. This happens on both the internal memory and the Sandisk 32GB SD card (in both FAT32 and NTFS).
I've tried both MTP and PTP, and turned USB Debugging on and off in the developer options menu. My Windows PC copies 8GB MKV files to the SD Card (when it's formatted in NTFS) without any problem, and the Sero Pro can play them fine when I move the SD card to the tablet. I'm experienced in Windows, but new to Android. Is there something simple I'm missing? I copy to NTFS and FAT32 non-android devices all the time. Why is the Sero Pro different?

jcthorne#AC

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site

Michael Vieux

Mar 22, 2013
Visit site
In other words, no, Android still does not support modern file systems that handle large files. Thanks anyway.

Of course they do, it's up to the manufacturer of the device to implement it.

Like OTG support. On my S3 I plug in my cable and flash drive, I can copy, read use files in the factory file manager.

On the Sero, or Nexus 7 I can't.
Not because Android doesn't allow it, be cause the manufacturer didn't include it in their rom/kernel.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using AC Forums mobile app