Straight Talk and Updates

longtime44

Jan 2, 2012
Visit site
I know that straight talk won't push updates to their smartphones. If I buy lets say a Nexus 5 and put it on straight talk with an AT&T LTE sim card. Will I get software updates because its not a straight talk branded phone?

Sent from my SGH-S959G using AC Forums mobile app

jeremmar

Feb 24, 2013
Visit site
Yes, you would get updates on the nexus 5 on ST.

I have a nexus 4 and received android updates through the phone while on a AT&T ST sim.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using AC Forums mobile app

longtime44

Jan 2, 2012
Visit site
One more thing. How did you go about getting the phone itself to work with straight talk?

jeremmar

Feb 24, 2013
Visit site
One more thing. How did you go about getting the phone itself to work with straight talk?

I ordered a sim card from the website I do believe. And just followed the instructions. But I also think they are carrying the sim card kits in the Walmart stores now. Just make sure you buy the right sim card (network and size of sim).

cgardnervt

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site

Just need to input the apn settings. Then your good! (with a sim of course!)

Posted via Android Central App

bearda

Jan 25, 2013
Visit site
I ordered a sim card from the website I do believe. And just followed the instructions. But I also think they are carrying the sim card kits in the Walmart stores now. Just make sure you buy the right sim card (network and size of sim).

If you buy the SIM pack at Walmart it includes all the SIMs you could need. Standard/Micro and Nano for both AT&T and T-Mobile. It's more expensive than ordering the SIM from Straight Talk's website but the website doesn't offer nano-SIMs and you can be 100% guaranteed you'll get one that fits.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non