Zte zmax pro screen glitch when gaming

Phoneguru11

Jan 26, 2015
Visit site
I just got a ZTE ZMAX pro yesterday and when im playing a game and one menu changes to another menu or screen there is a glitch. The screen shows a bunch or colors mixed together looking like a glitch. Its only for a split second when the screen changes in different games.

Has anyone else had this happen with an android phone. If it is normal to happen sometimes, then ill just keep the phone. If not, ill go exchange it while its still under warranty.

Last edited:

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
That doesn't sound normal, but it's not necessarily a problem with the phone itself. It could be a glitch in the game, or it could be some minor incompatibility between the game and the phone's hardware. Is it only one game? Does that game work smoothly on other devices?

Phoneguru11

Jan 26, 2015
Visit site
So far its every game ive played on the phone. Asphalt 8, csr racing 2, and pokemon go. The games run smoothly. It doesnt happen once the game has fully loaded.

It just seems to happen in the games menus before playing the game. During the transition from one screen to the next it does the weird glitch for a split second and goes away

Phoneguru11

Jan 26, 2015
Visit site
I lve just noticed it happens while playing the game too.

I was just playing asphalt 8 and the glitch thing happened a lot.

There is a black screen with green lines going accross it. It flashes really quickly then does away.

I recorded the game when it glitched, but it did not show up in the video.

This is the best description of what is happening to me

http://us.battle.net/hearthstone/en/forum/topic/15537126146?page=1

Last edited by a moderator:

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Sorry, I don't have anything else I can contribute. If the overall gameplay isn't affected, then you probably don't have to worry. Hopefully someone else with your phone will chime in as well.

Phoneguru11

Jan 26, 2015
Visit site
I'm just seeing if I should exchange it or not. I already exchanged it once. only had it 2 days. It would be crazy to get 3 of the same phones and it turns out to be something an update will fix.

If it's a problem with the phone I'll exchange it. If it's normal then I'll keep it. I already factory reset it and cleared the system cache after having everything I needed loaded onto it. Spent a few hours messing with it.

It might be happening to other phone and since it is happening for a split second noone notices it.

Aug 7, 2016
Visit site
This is definitely a common issue and I don't think you should so any more exchanges. Whatever this bug is, it should be fixed in a few weeks because apparently zte is going to release an update to fix any issues

Phoneguru11

Jan 26, 2015
Visit site
Thanks for your input guys. You are the only ppl that ive seen on an android forum or any site that mentioned they noticed this. Helps me out a ton. Instead of wasting more time with returns or researching it, Ill probably just be patient and wait for an update.

If it was just an issue solely with my device, i would return it and spend more money on a lowed spec'd phone that i know will work properly.

What apps or games have you guys noticed this on?

There a 7 day return policy. Only have 2 days left if i need to

Last edited by a moderator:

JOSHyOnANDROID

Aug 10, 2016
Visit site
So... is there going to be a fix or no? Should I even be worried that they won't fix this? This is my first ZTE device so I hope they have a frequent updates that fix these problems. Only other inconvenience that I have with it is you can't play 1080p 60fps video on YouTube app. Other than that, this phone is great for the moneyz!!!

Aug 7, 2016
Visit site
Don't even be worried. Whatever this problem is it doesn't seem to affect anything besides the display.as far as I can tell even if this isn't fixed it shouldn't cause any other malfunctions.i still want this dealt with but I'm happy enough with the device that this glitch isn't a deal breaker.

itguyjax8430

Retired Moderator
Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
I just got a ZTE ZMAX pro yesterday and when im playing a game and one menu changes to another menu or screen there is a glitch. The screen shows a bunch or colors mixed together looking like a glitch. Its only for a split second when the screen changes in different games.

Has anyone else had this happen with an android phone. If it is normal to happen sometimes, then ill just keep the phone. If not, ill go exchange it while its still under warranty.
I believe it could be a software issue. I watched a review video from another big site and they did a gaming demo. The phone didn't do very well in the review on that topic. ZTE probably needs to optimize something in the software to address the issue. Other phones with the same processor and gpu do better in gaming.

I have the phone as well, I'll install some games and see if my phone messes up. I'm not a gamer so it doesn't effect me. I play Pokemon Go with my son and haven't seen any issues with that game. I'll install more.

Honton

Aug 11, 2016
Visit site
Oh thanks god I'm not the only one who's experienced this. I got my zte zmax pro on release date. I have nothing but praise for the phone; BUT I'm also experiencing the screen glitch/tearing at random times as well. I also had a glitch when using the camera. Im glad that i was able to capture the glitch occurring. I hope that ZTE addresses this issue with a software update.

Rahludan

Aug 16, 2016
Visit site
I've got the same problem. I've noticed it on Pokemon go, and watching Youtube in VR mode, but this never occurs watching in regular or full screened mode, just VR. I've never seen it happen on any other apps such as Facebook or Amazon. Just those two occurrences so far. I figured it was just pokemon go, then my heart sank as I found it in Youtube VR :/

Anyways, sorry I have nothing entirely useful to contribute, but I figured I'd throw my experiences in just in case it would help anyone out, or to make people realize that this is happening to more people than they think. That's what this post did for me :)

Phoneguru11

Jan 26, 2015
Visit site
This is the best phone ive owned so far. Thats the only thing ive noticed. Previous phones always had some kind of compromise, either the camera ,ram,or something. all around its an awesome phone. Everything else works great. Just hoping for an update.

SaizJames

Aug 17, 2016
Visit site
So far its every game ive played on the phone. Asphalt 8, csr racing 2, and pokemon go. The games run smoothly. It doesnt happen once the game has fully loaded.

It just seems to happen in the games menus before playing the game. During the transition from one screen to the next it does the weird glitch for a split second and goes away

I had this problem happening to me every now and then, and its also happened when i switched from a messanger chat head to a youtube video i was watching.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty