Samsung Galaxy S3 vs Droid DNA vs iPhone 5

skedge

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
First of all, Android vs IOS. What are the advantages of each? Is it true that you can get a lot of free apps and music with Android's Google Play?

As for the phones, which wins in the following categories: Durability, Performance, Design, Screen, Camera, Software and Extras, and Overall.

In my opinion, the S3 is the most balanced, but I'm hesitant to get it because it falls behind in benchmarks. I'm pretty much down to the DNA or S3. I think the S3 feels much more comfortabe than the DNA, but I haven't held an actual working model of the DNA. I don't think I'll need that much storage, considering I don't have any music (I'll probably get whatever music I like that's free legally, and up to 20 songs at most that I pay for). The battery on the DNA is okay, but I would prefer better battery. I want to know which is the phone I will enjoy overall the best. I know it really depends on the person, and I honestly don't want a gigantic brick for a phone or a phone that breaks easily. From what I've heard, the DNA is both of those. It looks so good on paper though, beating the S3 in most areas or equal to it, so I can't help but hesitate. Help anyone?

Chosen414

Dec 14, 2012
Visit site
Disclaimer* My opinion, is extremely biased

But, I am an Avid iPhone hater, morbid Samsung hater (even though i was forced into receiving a galaxy s3 from sprint) and i love HTC....
IMO the Dna was amazing and i like the s3 for what it is....Functional...i just hate touchwiz...love Sense. Hate that HTC has moved into nonreplacable batteries, because i go through 100% charge in about 6 hours...and with the s3 when i've needed to ive just switched out batteries, and kept it pushing. I had the Evo4gLTE, and after going through and having 4 different phones in 3 days, they gave up on it and just gave me the s3 telling me that its the better phone. (3rd party authorized seller) but when i went to an actual sprint store, the rep told me the evo was the better phone, ( i say this because the evo and dna are comparable) but when my contract is up in may, my paln was to jump ship to Verizon for the DNA buuut, the M7 is going to be released soon, so who knows.

all in all you really cant go wrong either way in my opinion, depending what matters to you, if you use alot of apps and are a battery killer, get the S3, and if you dont need the removable battery and you can do fine with that battery go for the DNA. (its not a brick, its actually a really decent feel in the hand, and its funtional).....
hope this helps

xlDeMoNiClx

Jan 4, 2012
Visit site
I'd only recommend an iPhone 5 if you wanted the most basic smartphone that "just works". If you want more go for one of the others. I have no knowledge of the DNA so I'd say the S3.

anon5664829

Banned
Feb 6, 2013
Visit site
First of all, Android vs IOS. What are the advantages of each? Is it true that you can get a lot of free apps and music with Android's Google Play?

As for the phones, which wins in the following categories: Durability, Performance, Design, Screen, Camera, Software and Extras, and Overall.

In my opinion, the S3 is the most balanced, but I'm hesitant to get it because it falls behind in benchmarks. I'm pretty much down to the DNA or S3. I think the S3 feels much more comfortabe than the DNA, but I haven't held an actual working model of the DNA. I don't think I'll need that much storage, considering I don't have any music (I'll probably get whatever music I like that's free legally, and up to 20 songs at most that I pay for). The battery on the DNA is okay, but I would prefer better battery. I want to know which is the phone I will enjoy overall the best. I know it really depends on the person, and I honestly don't want a gigantic brick for a phone or a phone that breaks easily. From what I've heard, the DNA is both of those. It looks so good on paper though, beating the S3 in most areas or equal to it, so I can't help but hesitate. Help anyone?
iPhone 5 simply because of app quality or nexus 4 both are really good, I have a nexus 4 right now and I really am not happy with the quality of the apps,sure there are more free apps on the play store but its basically a useless app an
You have to pay for all the features with iphone apps sure you are paying for apps but at least you are getting full versions of the app.

From an ex iPhone user the way I see it as is, Play store= free apps that you have to pay for to fully unlock, App Store= not all are free but even the free apps are good, paid apps are ten times better, in my opinion I would only ever get the nexus 4 or iPhone 5. HTC(unfortunately due to battery issues) and ty Samsung are out ohe equation.

Jennifer Stough

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2013
Visit site
I can't say much about the s3 or iPhone 5, but as a previous ios user, I would not be eager to return to apple. In a day and age where everything can be tailored to fit your personal usage, the iPhone is just too bland. It does its job and does it well, but it doesn't allow room for extra. I have the dna and I am continuously blown away by the speed of this phone, the screen clarity, and sound quality. But if you are looking for battery life, the dna may not be your best choice. The battery life is not bad, but not something to cheer about either. If you're looking for hardware stability, the iPhone has exceptional build, and good customer support. The s3 is an attractive device, plastic or not, and seems to be a hit with most users. It really honesty depends on what your usage is and what you prefer in a device

Sent from my Verizon Droid DNA

xlDeMoNiClx

Jan 4, 2012
Visit site
I can't say much about the s3 or iPhone 5, but as a previous ios user, I would not be eager to return to apple. In a day and age where everything can be tailored to fit your personal usage, the iPhone is just too bland. It does its job and does it well, but it doesn't allow room for extra. I have the dna and I am continuously blown away by the speed of this phone, the screen clarity, and sound quality. But if you are looking for battery life, the dna may not be your best choice. The battery life is not bad, but not something to cheer about either. If you're looking for hardware stability, the iPhone has exceptional build, and good customer support. The s3 is an attractive device, plastic or not, and seems to be a hit with most users. It really honesty depends on what your usage is and what you prefer in a device

Sent from my Verizon Droid DNA

The way I see it, when you buy an Apple device, you own it but HAVE to use it the way Apple wants you too. These days, that's just backwards-thinking.

xlDeMoNiClx

Jan 4, 2012
Visit site
And most people are ok with that, its us that have an issue with it.
Well only some are, others don't but they find that it's still worth what they like about the iPhone. I've seen plenty of people still use the iPhone even though they hate having to use iTunes for everything. Not everyone though, so you're still right about that.

xlDeMoNiClx

Jan 4, 2012
Visit site
I am a Android users, I do like the friendly Android interface and the sharp features that Android bring to me.But also I really want to try iOS for its great design and tons of the apps and games.I hope one day there will be the third one which can mix the pros of both Android and iOS.
They'd probably be hit with a ton of lawsuits from both sides for using all their patented-features. lol Also there's tons of great apps and games on both sides as well.

The Hustleman

May 28, 2010
Visit site
Galaxy S III is easily the best of the bunch.

Note is even better

sent from the best smart phone (not phablet) on the worst network- the galaxy S III unfortunately on T-Mobile

RazrMaxx1345

Feb 25, 2013
Visit site
I have used both pretty extensively and I must say I like them both. The DNA screen is fantastic. I mean fantastic. The s3 has a nice screen too, but its not a 1080p monster like the DNA. The battery life on the DNA is...well....terrible, but everything else is fantastic. The build quality is great too. The s3 is a great phone too though and its 720p screen is very respectable. I think you'd be happy with either.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

The Hustleman

May 28, 2010
Visit site
I have used both pretty extensively and I must say I like them both. The DNA screen is fantastic. I mean fantastic. The s3 has a nice screen too, but its not a 1080p monster like the DNA. The battery life on the DNA is...well....terrible, but everything else is fantastic. The build quality is great too. The s3 is a great phone too though and its 720p screen is very respectable. I think you'd be happy with either.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

I disagree.

The GS3 screen sucks, especially in sunlight.

Max brightness is nothing.

It's the only bad thing about the phone

sent from the best smart phone (not phablet) on the worst network- the galaxy S III unfortunately on T-Mobile

xlDeMoNiClx

Jan 4, 2012
Visit site
I disagree.

The GS3 screen sucks, especially in sunlight.

Max brightness is nothing.

It's the only bad thing about the phone

I love the screen on the S3, every time I see a friend use theirs it makes me wish I could upgrade.

This is from me, on my EVO 3D.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
samahmed336699