Why did you choose to own a Android device?

androider4ever

Jan 5, 2015
Visit site
For its flexible and reliable OS and for the new technologies that Samsung offers to the customers .. like (air gesture, multi-sharing options, expandable memory, S-Pen .... and others).

Ch4dders

Nov 24, 2014
Visit site
Initially, because I got to mess around with my friends android devices and liked how easy the OS was to pick up on. My first Android phone was the Droid X, which was a decent phone for its time. But I stuck with Android because I felt much more comfortable with the OS. Also, I've played with iOS and it's just so restricted, I don't feel like I have full control of the phone. I'm also not one to jump ship...

Posted from 64GB BN Droid Turbo

raziel

Nov 19, 2010
Visit site
My main phone is an iPhone 6 Plus but I've always been a fan of Android so I like to keep up with what's being innovated in that ecosystem. I use my iPhone 6 Plus as a personal phone and my Nexus 6 as my company issued phone, but there are times when I just switch the sims around. I also love the Moto 360 which is in a different level of design than that god awful looking Apple Watch.

poodoogames

Feb 16, 2015
Visit site
Many reasons really. Price, connectivity with other devices, more customization. But the main reason I got into android phones was the price. As a student it was more affordable to get an android phone and basically haven't regretted that decision.

Jan 20, 2015
Visit site
Why would you put speakers on the back of the phone? And bad ones at that.

That to me is one of my GS5s fatal flaws

Posted via the Android Central App with my Galaxy S5
I never listen to music though my speakers anyway. Always the headphones. My speakers aren't that loud but headphones sound amazing though.

Sent from my T-Mobile Nexus 4 LTE using Tapatalk

Jan 20, 2015
Visit site
Likewise -- I plan on having the gf get the iPhone 6 ... she just wants a good camera... Then after that as long as facebook, candy crush, etc. works .. she is happy. Oh and speaker phone...

Haalcyon -- Can you comment on speaker phone? I haven't used iPhone in a long time .. It is still good right? On the 6?
My grandmother's 5c speaker is just as loud as my n4. One thing I give iPhone credit for is they make some good antennas for their phones.

Sent from my T-Mobile Nexus 4 LTE using Tapatalk

JJ Jones

Dec 14, 2012
Visit site
My switch was because of screen size. I had the iPhone 4. Then I saw the Razr Maxx HD. Used one of my upgrades and made the jump. Then came the G2 and now the Turbo.
Never really been about the software or OS for me, more about the hardware and screen size available. Yes, iPhone 6 finally brought a larger screen to the game, but I'm at a point now where I'm content with Android and what it offers (especially as far as rooting vs jailbreaking).
My wife however couldn't wait to go back to iPhone. Not that she didn't like her G2, she just feels more comfortable with iOS. To each their own I suppose.

Sent from my Ballistic Turbo

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
Nova, Zooper and that horrible grid of ugly icons in iOS would be enough reasons for me, but there's much more.

Choice for almost everything I need in a phone. Price, size, dual sim, settings you can change, widgets, tools ...

I've got an old iPad 2 and it's a great device (for performance and aesthetic reasons is still running iOS 6). But a phone is a very personal device and I like that mine doesn't look like everybody else's. And let's face it, with an iPhone you just have the same look than the rest. And I don't like that very much :)

anon(4086706)

Feb 27, 2015
Visit site
For me, I decided to own a Blackberry 10 and Android rather than put each one other out. I simply just see two design philosophies that are quite distinct. Of course, if I did own an iPhone and Android that'll be a different story :p

Android is the "play" side of my mobile lifestyle and it is currently represented by a Nexus 5. It has pretty good specs and nice customization options; hell it's the first time I tried overclocking it (not so extreme though). I admit it has a nice array of apps and games something that I would love to bring during parties and all sorts of scenarios :D. However, during my experience with Android, I really do not see it as a work phone; it's just doesn't feel really organized. Sure we have lots of enterprise apps and all, but it's not cut to be something I would use on a business meeting.

Blackberry 10 is the polar opposite as this is my "work" side and is represented by a BlackBerry Passport. This is also my hometown and it's Android Runtime is the reason why I decided to invest on a separate Android phone :D (which is a Galaxy Nexus). For me, I see this as a balance between "everyone is an *****" philosophy of iOS and the geeky side of Android. It has nice UI but a bit of granularity for functions (e.g. I can browse the filesystem). What makes it suitable for work however is it's Messaging and Hub. It's something I really look for when I am tied with lots of messaging apps as I really like to reply at one place rather than open separate apps for my mail, FB etc... Apps is really a weak point for this one sadly.

Don't ask for iOS, I never used one :D. I haven't used WP extensively too.

HYJC

Feb 28, 2015
Visit site
I used to own a Nokia Lumia 900 (Windows Phone). It was a nice device, windows phone OS was elegant in my opinion, but it was the lack of apps in the store that make me switch to Android.

aximtreo

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
I'm in the process of investigating going from Windows Phone to Android at present. I had Android a few years ago when the lag, crash and other negative things were said about Android and they were right,

I never had the desire to spend 3 times as much money for an apple as I could for the WP and Android phone. I just bought off swappa a Note 3 to give Android another look. Don't know where this will lead but want to see what the learning curve is.

I have the Nokia ICON right now and really love it and the WP OS system. Very smooth and easy to use. Doesn't have all the apps as Apple and Android but have all those I use on a daily basis. I'll load the Note 3 with equivalent android apps and use them both for a while.

I wanted to try Android again before Win Phone 10 is released. I have it on an old Nokia 635 and I really like it.

Help me with my journey with app suggestions and ideas that some of you who came from WP have experienced,

Thanks a bunch; hopefully I won't get too many negative comments.