[CLOSED] Android Central Photo Contest: It's Cold!

Michelle Haag

I work here.
Jan 27, 2011
Visit site
ac-photo-contest-cold-winner-2.jpg

We've been listening to your requests, and we're happy to announce that we're bringing back the Android Central photo contests! We'll be running each contest for two weeks so everyone has plenty of time to snap a great shot and get it posted in the forums for judging, so keep an eye out every second Monday for a new theme and new chance to win!

Now, let's get to this contest's prompt — "cold." Now you don't have to live in a cold climate to take a picture for this contest, but you may have to think outside the box to get something interesting. We can't wait to see the chilly photos you take this week.

honor-6x-contest.jpg

We'll be picking two winners for this contest, with each taking home an Honor 6X phone and Doctor Strange prize pack!

Entering is easy. Just drop your entry below. Tell us what Android you used to get the picture, and any back story you want to add to it. We'll pick a winner Sunday (February 12th) night at 11:59 PM ET, and announce them on the blog with the next contest.
  • Pictures must be taken with an Android device
  • Pictures must be uploaded to the contest thread. I'm not running all over the Internet to track them down.
  • You have to tell us what device you used to take the picture, and any special software you might have used. Editing your pictures is fine — this is art.
  • Feel free to add a little back story — we want to know how the picture came to be.
  • You must have used a valid email address to register here at AC, so I know how to contact the winner.
  • Only one entry per contest per person.

Good luck, everyone!

worldspy99

Oct 15, 2013
Visit site
Pixel, no filter, taken at 10000 ft above sea level. Land of 10,000 frozen lakes. Minneapolis, Minnesota.
8c8834801f409f417653c45646df2036.jpg

mbrinton5

Jan 30, 2017
Visit site
BreckFinal4.jpg

Taken at Breckenridge, Colorado on my Galaxy S5.
This photo shows the true, natural beauty of Colorado and is a reminder of an epic weekend of fresh powder and great people.

ZeronGX

Jan 30, 2017
Visit site
Android Central Photo Contest: It's Cold!

Taken in Germany, Oldenburg with my Nexus 6P. No Filters ... just Awesome!!!

Mika Winter.jpg

First snow walk with my dog after his posterior cruciate ligament rupture.
Greetings from Germany!

joxmar

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
Took this with my Nexus 6.
edited the picture with the same "photos" app edit settings.

Took this photo while vacationing in Carbondale Co. It snowed the night before and we woke up to this view.

IMG_20160315_095754.jpg

Last edited:

crachor

Aug 21, 2013
Visit site
Beautiful, Icy, Danger.jpg

Taken 5 years ago, still one of my favorite shots. Motorola Droid Razr M, after a winter ice storm. No editing, just taken as is.

dcskater21

Aug 1, 2011
Visit site
Re: [OPEN] Android Central Photo Contest: It's Cold!- Picture of the frozen lake at Bradley Lake Par

IMG_20170101_112736.jpg

Picture of the frozen lake at Bradley Lake Park in Puyallup Washington. Picture was captured on my Google Pixel

Michael Rayner2

Mar 10, 2014
Visit site
Re: [OPEN] Android Central Photo Contest: It's Cold!- Picture of the frozen lake at Bradley Lake Par

IMG_0067.jpg

Here is a picture taken with a Nexus 6P. It is of my back yard during a snow storm last year.

joshcline1982

Jan 20, 2017
Visit site
Taken on my Nexus 6P on a cold and foggy morning in Santa Cruz, CA at UCSC. Originally posted to Instagram; no filters or editing.

Attachments

• Foggy Morning.jpg
    Foggy Morning.jpg
    419.7 KB · Views: 96

kixfan

Apr 23, 2014
Visit site
4.jpg
This was taken in my front yard during one of our many ice storms. This is a branch of what used to be the pine tree in my yard. After this it was camp fire wood for the coming summer. It is unfiltered and taken with my Note 3 camera.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87