[CLOSED] Android Central Photo Contest: It's Cold!

SyedTauhidul

Feb 3, 2017
Visit site
We thought there would be a river but who knew the river completely dries off during winter.....

There was supposed to be a river but meh..... taken with Galaxy S6 (and yes I know the battery life's terrible)
20161229_131203.jpg

Danv1369

Jul 28, 2011
Visit site
IMG_20160320_174510016.jpg
Taken with my MotoX 2014. I do not remember where this picture was taken but I am sure I enjoyed every frosty cold drop.

tgp

Trusted Member
Nov 15, 2011
Visit site
20170112_130128.jpg

A couple weeks ago I enjoyed a few days of snowmobiling in SW Wisconsin. This trail is an old railroad bed. It is a bike trail in the summer and a snowmobile trail in the winter. Just ahead to the left is a 3/4 mile (1.2 km) long tunnel, which of course does not have snow in it. Here the trail detours over the tunnel, and rejoins the trail on the other side.

I took this photo with my Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge (SM-G935U) on auto settings. It is completely unedited.

wilmah

Dec 20, 2014
Visit site
IMG_20161118_075605.jpg

This is just some snow in our backyard. The light was just right and I loved how it looked. I took this with my Google Pixel with the stock camera app. No edits.

AndClicks

Jan 5, 2016
Visit site
This photo was taken on the Motorola X-Pure 2015 model with some editing on Snapseed. It was a really cold, windy and snowy day in York, Maine. So, what do I do? I drove to the coastline to take some dramatic photographs! The waves were pounding the coastal rocks and the wind howling with 30 mph winds. My hands were chilled to the bone that day. Imagine yourself sitting on that cold cement bench to witness the force of nature pounding your body!

IMG_20170118_York_Maine_Winter.jpg

Franzaine

Dec 2, 2013
Visit site
My GF is the developer of the live wallpaper app Material Islands and is currently working on adding wooden cases to the arsenal so that users can have the same wallpaper on the phone as they do in the phone :) This is one of the test production cases that we photographed in it's natural environment. Because everybody knows that icebergs are just as common to Swedish ports as polar bears are on our cities streets. Anyway, I quite liked the resulting photo and since the subject is an Android phone, it truly was a freezing day and the case shows an ice berg I thought I just had to upload it to this specific contest :D

IMG_20170122_130320-01-01-01-01.jpg

This picture was taken two weeks ago at Kalmar caste, Kalmar, Sweden. It's the castle wall that is partially visible to the right. The marina and port of Kalmar is visible behind the phone.
https://www.google.se/maps/place/Ka...oKHU0mCc8Q_BIIezAR&shorturl=1&dg=dbrw&newdg=1

Tools
Taken with my Nexus 6P with my GFs Nexus 6P in the photo. Some slight editing done with Snapseed. Some additional fixes in GIMP for Windows.

PS. The app is free and the cases will be up for order... soon :)

pkcable

Q&A Team Leader, VR Expert
Ambassador
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
My GF is the developer of the live wallpaper app Material Islands and is currently working on adding wooden cases to the arsenal so that users can have the same wallpaper on the phone as they do in the phone :) This is one of the test production cases that we photographed in it's natural environment. Because everybody knows that icebergs are just as common to Swedish ports as polar bears are on our cities streets. Anyway, I quite liked the resulting photo and since the subject is an Android phone, it truly was a freezing day and the case shows an ice berg I thought I just had to upload it to this specific contest :D

View attachment 251640

This picture was taken two weeks ago at Kalmar caste, Kalmar, Sweden. It's the castle wall that is partially visible to the right. The marina and port of Kalmar is visible behind the phone.
https://www.google.se/maps/place/Ka...oKHU0mCc8Q_BIIezAR&shorturl=1&dg=dbrw&newdg=1

Tools
Taken with my Nexus 6P with my GFs Nexus 6P in the photo. Some slight editing done with Snapseed. Some additional fixes in GIMP for Windows.

PS. The app is free and the cases will be up for order... soon :)

Sometimes it's more about the story! Great story!

antjphotog

Dec 21, 2010
Visit site
My image was taken during the first snowfall of the new year, on my Nexus 6P in Glen Burnie, MD. The day started rather gray and gloomy. Snow flurries began around 1pm, followed by several periods of light to heavy snowfall. The coating ended just before 4pm followed by an amazing sunset later that evening.LRM_EXPORT_20170206_011523.jpg

venkatesh kolahalam

May 11, 2015
Visit site
A messy bachelor's room on a busy morning..

This was actually supposed to a trail shot..but no shot taken after this with several other backgrounds was perfect.
So I decided to go with this Messy picture..

I told my friends about the contest and they immediately started pouring ideas. This found to be the best idea(anyways we never get to see snow here:p)
Nothing is so cooler than a bunch of crazy friends :p ;)

Shot on HTC One MEPicsArt_02-02-02.53.36.jpg

IlkkaV

May 9, 2014
Visit site
Lauhanvuori national park in Finland. Typically in January there's snow, but now it was just frozen all over. Taken on a Nexus 6P, no edits.

lauhanvuori_frozen.jpg

sewiii

Jan 29, 2014
Visit site
Stumbled across this scene on the sidewalk after a major Chicago snowstorm. We'd just finished helping push 2 cars out of a snowbank they drove into in the middle of the intersection. In spite of a few feet of snow the whole city was in a happy mood.

Taken with a Samsung Galaxy S5, no editing.

20150202_171455.jpg

pkcable

Q&A Team Leader, VR Expert
Ambassador
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Ironically I could change out my picture today for a snow covered version, BUT I like the story on the original TOO much! Sometimes the story is just as important!

Mary Harmony

Feb 11, 2017
Visit site
Hey!
This photo is taken in Shirkuh mountains in Yazd, most historical province in Iran. Yazd is an old city with desert sourrondings with hot summers and firey sun, and mountain regions with cool weather, but snowing is some kind of rare. I love the strange focus and manual effect of this digital picture.
No filter, galaxy s5

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals38