USB-C to 3.5mm adaptor?

PhobicCarrot

May 24, 2013
Visit site
I had a number of adaptors that worked with a previous Moto phone. When I try them on my Pixel3XL, I get a notification that they are not compatible w/ this phone. WHAT GIVES?

I'd like to have a few extras, but I am not eggsited to pay $12/ when I can get them much cheaper. Unless I buy them straight from the Google store, how do I know if its going to work?

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Welcome to the myriad of compatibility problems with USB-C. Unless it specifically says 'compatible with XXXXXX', you're pretty much in the dark (or reading through the reviews).

djisia87

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
I agree with SpookyDroid here. It is my first phone with no 3.5 jack. I am planning to buy an extra in case of :) I am waiting for my $50 credit from google to come through

CD Hill

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
I just bought this on Amazon and it works well, sounds better than the bundled P3 earbuds:
CONMDEX

4.1 out of 5 stars 50Reviews

Pixel 2XL USB C to 3.5mm Audio Adapter,Hi-Res DAC Chip Headphone Jack CONMDEX Type C to 3.5 Converter Compatible Google Pixel 2 Pixel 2 XL HTC U11 Essential PH-1 Phone Razer Phone

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
I had a number of adaptors that worked with a previous Moto phone. When I try them on my Pixel3XL, I get a notification that they are not compatible w/ this phone. WHAT GIVES?

I'd like to have a few extras, but I am not eggsited to pay $12/ when I can get them much cheaper. Unless I buy them straight from the Google store, how do I know if its going to work?

Moto phones output is analog audio and it's adapter is only a pass through type adapter.l. Pixels put out a digital signal and their adapter has a built DAC which converts the digital signal to analog.

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
the best adapter is the one from the Google store

Actually it's not. The one from HTC is slightly better but it's a close call. The one from Razer cranks out more audio and has a fuller sound. My guess is that it uses a bit more battery. They are all interchangeable because they all contain a DAC. The one from Moto is just an adapter.

giannaros

Oct 18, 2018
Visit site
bro try everything in you not to loose the one you have now cause i can see them clawing so much profit from that 3rd party compatability.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Me2s