notifications break sound

May 3, 2015
Visit site
Whenever I get a Facebook notification, even with sounds off, it breaks the systems audio. It goes into a tinny sounding mono mode. It's seriously annoying me. I think it's an n issue since I only remember Facebook messenger doing it when sound was on.

Posted via the Android Central App

May 3, 2015
Visit site
I'm actually back on M and it still does it. If I am using headphones and get a notification drop down...even with audio off it breaks the sound range. All low end disappears and it sounds like it's playing thru tin speakers. I recently rooted and installed notifications off to at least eliminate all notification drop downs. But come on...there's no way I'm the only person this is happening to. And as a side note I just clean installed the OS so it's not anything I've done.

Posted via the Android Central App

Jan Kubice

Jul 21, 2016
Visit site
I have the same problem on v6.0.1 (Samsung Galaxy S6).
As far as I know it doesn't matter which app notified me (Skype or Slack most often in my case).
This is especially annoying (and noticable) while playing a game. After being notified there is just no sound - turning the volume up doesn't help. The only thing that helps is restarting the app (game).
Turning off notifications before playing is not exactly a desirable solution.

Interesting thing is, that this is not a problem while playing on Samsung VR. The notification does not break app sound there.

WClark57

Oct 7, 2015
Visit site
I'm going with Rowlette's suggestion. Facebork added notification sounds last September and perhaps they are creating the issue you're experiencing. See if you can turn off the notification sounds or see if you can use their mobile site instead of the app. Either way, we have to suspect Facebook is not completely relinquishing control of the audio, or that its doing something else untoward with it since it is where you are noticing the issue.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty