Poetic cases

Jeremy8000

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site
So with Incipio having long ago discontinued their nice - but very expensive- folio cases for the Slate, there have been virtually no Slate-specific cases I could find until Poetic recently introduced a couple.

https://www.poeticcases.com/collections/google-pixel-slate-12-3

Personally I can see a use for a good folio, and I've had their Slimfolio in the past for Nexus 7 - it was well built, but not anything one would call especially nice it offering much in the way of protection.

I emailed Poetic asking about their Explorer cases and if those might be added to the Slate lineup. Just got a response that they will soon be doing an indiegogo campaign for it as they need to be able to sell 500 units at about $35 each to make the design and production viable.

Explorer cases look really, really nice, should offer fairly considerable protection, built in SP, and stylus holder - definitely in for one myself, thought I'd share in case some of y'all might be interested.

Example of Explorer case:
https://www.poeticcases.com/collect...cts/revolution-2019-apple-ipad-10-2-inch-case

gadgetgeek703

Sep 16, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for sharing this. I have recently purchased a Pixel Slate during Google's Christmas sale along with a Brydge keyboard. So far, I love the combination but have been disappointed that I cannot find a case for the tablet. Brydge does not offer one compatible with their keyboard and the one offered on Google's site is out of stock, and considering the fate of the Slate, is likely to remain that way. I like Poetic's Turtleskin case and I am tempted to buy one to see if it can be modified to accommodate the hinges on the Brydge keyboard. I would be interested to hear what anyone else thinks of this idea.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I regard my Slate as more of laptop than a tablet, so I personally don't see a need for a case per se. Aside from the Skinomi skin I applied, I just carry it around in a good laptop bag with cushioned pocket. Are you using yours often as a tablet?

gadgetgeek703

Sep 16, 2010
Visit site
So far I have just used it in laptop mode, I was just exploring ideas to make use as a tablet a little more inviting in case the opportunity presented itself. Honestly, I view the Slate as a Chromebook that can be a tablet instead of a tablet that can be a Chromebook. So far, I have been happy with my purchase, and more that pleased with the Brydge keyboard. Thanks for your reply, it has been very helpful.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress