Probably a dumb question

I just started playing today... Can wild pokemon be fought for the purpose of training my already caught pokemon? Or are they there only for throwing balls at? I can't figure out a way to fight them... I'm only lvl 3 tho
    07-13-2016 11:52 AM
    No you can't. You can only fight in the gyms with pokemon you already caught. You evolve/level up by catching several of the same pokemon and using the poke candy for that specific pokemon. You can also use stardust(?) to strengthen them I believe.
    07-13-2016 12:38 PM
    There are basically four things you can do that require you to be in a particular place:
    1) "Spin" pokestops to get stuff
    2) Throw balls at pokemon you run across to try to catch them.
    3) Train at a gym run by your faction (color: red, blue, yellow) to improve the gym and get a little experience (also, use up those potions and revives clogging your inventory).
    4) Fight at a gym run by a different faction (not your color: red, blue, yellow) to run it down and get a little experience (also, use up those potions and revives clogging your inventory).

There may be other options later if/when Niantic/Pokemon develops and releases them.
    07-13-2016 03:14 PM
    ‘Pokémon Go’ will get trading, more customization in bi-weekly updates

Read more: http://www.digitaltrends.com/gaming/...#ixzz4EQvDiibP
    07-14-2016 07:37 PM