Has interest begun to wane for you as well

Tower72

Gigantic Member
Jun 5, 2010
Visit site
I only say this because the village where I live, for the first few days, there were large groups of people everywhere and at all hours. This past weekend leading up to today, as I was making my rounds at all the stops to refill my bags, the people have been dwindling. I would say at least 50% are gone. For me personally, I am slowly losing interest considering how bug riddled it is, the constant inability to log in, and losing some of the better captures of the game, because of some connection issues (damn that little spinny ball in the upper left corner!) .

I know of 8 people personally that gave up, citing all the hassles, but just wondering if anyone else noticed the same thing. It also ticks me off that they are focusing on rolling this out to as many countries as they can, when they cant get get the servers on the countries that have it, working properly on a consistent basis!

kixfan

Apr 23, 2014
Visit site
I do see less people at the local pokestops in my village too. I agree that the glitches are horrible in this game. Sometimes pokestops don't work right, game freezes right after catching pokemon in the ball and it's hit or miss if you got it or not, can't login sometimes, failed to load game data, etc. I haven't stopped playing yet but have slowed down a bit on playing. Not as eager as I was at the beginning to run out and hit every stop on the way to work and home. We'll see if it picks back up after the release of gen 2 pokemon.

IAmSixNine

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
Made level 15 and having to use 3-5 balls to catch a CP10 rat is ridiculous. Add to that not being able to log in and all the other glitches im about ready to take it off my home screen and move on. Maybe give them a month to figure things out.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
It never started for me sadly. I just couldn't get into it that much. I lose interest fast in a big "pay to win" type of game.

Tower72

Gigantic Member
Jun 5, 2010
Visit site
I hear ya Almeuit, I wanted to give it a shot given my brother was big on this growing up and talked me into it. I got into it for awhile, made my nightly pokestop runs to refill my bags (I have about 9 stops all within 3 min of each other). But now I have that dreaded 3 step bug, cant even log in, data seems to constantly be spotty no matter where I am, 5 balls to capture a CP 10 beast (I am level 18) and the list goes on. But hey, as long as they secure big corporate sponsership, keep opening it up to more countries, claim what . 1.6 mil in profit from Apple users alone in the first week, and yet cant keep a server or servers stable enough for ONE DAY. Yeah with all this crap today, I am 1 step closer to pulling the plug for good myself.

Its too bad, this could have been a good game. Actually getting people out to socialize more and so on, but they blew it, and with a patch like today, I have little hope.

metllicamilitia

Trusted Member
Dec 3, 2011
Visit site
It never started for me sadly. I just couldn't get into it that much. I lose interest fast in a big "pay to win" type of game.

There is no "winning" in this Pokémon game, nor is necessary to pay for anything to enjoy playing. Worst case scenario, you just stop catching Pokémon and battling gyms until the pokestops fill your supplies again.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
There is no "winning" in this Pokémon game, nor is necessary to pay for anything to enjoy playing. Worst case scenario, you just stop catching Pokémon and battling gyms until the pokestops fill your supplies again.

Yeah -- didn't interest me.

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
I think with most new releases of games, apps, or anything, there is a huge hope about them; and once the novelty begins to wear off, people will either go on to the next thing or just play the specific game, but to a lesser extent.

For me personally, the server crashes were getting me frustrated. I'm usually the kind of person who goes nuts with a new toy for a week or two, and then simmers down, but still plays casually when able. So I am sure that that will be what happens to me. And I kind of hope so, because my real-life stuff has to come first! :p

Posted via the Android Central App

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87