Comparing Roms - Scotts Clean vs Viper Rez vs Tonked BAMF

BygSii

Jan 14, 2012
Visit site
New and old android central users, I would like to share my experience with different roms that I have used. Feel free to add comments, experiences, and thoughts as well as anything related to Rezound roms. If you use a rom that I have not mentioned, feel free to add it to the thread, along with a list of Pros vs Cons. I hope this will help those who are wanting to know more about the various roms or who are interested in trying something new. If you have never rooted or unlocked a Rezound, I suggest reading through this thread http://forums.androidcentral.com/re...uide-guide-unlocking-rooting-htc-rezound.html
Now to the roms I've tried.

Scotts Clean Rom - Standard Edition. I liked this Rom, used it for probably six months. Keeps the phone rooted while looking exactly like the stock version of a Rezound. Nice for people who like the HTC widgets.

Pros - Runs Sense 3.5
All of HTC widgets
A few extra custom skins
Wifi Teether
Keeps phone mostly stock

Cons - Not the best Rom for battery life
Uses a lot of your Ram

Viper Rez Rom - Probably the coolest Rom I've used. Only used this one for a week. Sense 4.0, awesome features like Home button flashlight and Status Bar brightness Adjust. However, my phone would not hold a charge with this Rom.

Pros - Sense 4.0
Awesome Mods
Slick Menus
Wifi Teether

Cons - Could not charge my phone (had to power down my phone to charge)
Bad battery life

Tonked BAMF - This Rom is the Rom that I am curently using. It's great, it's fast, has awesome battery life. ICS dialer. I like the fine font it uses, takes advantage of the HD screen. It doesn't have the HTC widgets, and it doesn't run a lot of sense, it still has the Sense lock screen, which I love having. This is the Rom I am probably going to stay with until I'm eligible for upgrade in 9 months

Pros - Low memory usage / great battery life
ICS dialer
Smooth and fast
HD Font
Wifi Teether

Cons - No HTC widgets
Half baked Sense

If anyone has used any of these roms, I would love to hear about it.
Also, if you use a different rom, please share your experience. :)

Last edited:

anon(94115)

Banned
Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
Well I had Viper and CleanROM on when I had my Rez. Liked CleanROM, loved Viper. Kept it on most of the time. Never did the BAMF rom really, but they are good devs.

You can have tether on any rooted device, and widgets can be replaced so those are not big factors.

As always, especially with the Rez and tbolt, go with what gets you the best battery. THe rest is easy to deal with.

Nanashi1231

Oct 12, 2011
Visit site
I've tried CleanROM and Viper for about two months each, and I definitely have to give the usability edge to Viper, although it's a bit newer. I did install the new BAMF Vigor Kernel (3.0.51), which made Viper (as well as several other Sense 4 ROMS I've loaded such as Nils P's Business Sense and Neo's Simplistic) run way smoother. I remember getting better battery life and overall ROM smoothness on the Developer Edition of CleanROM, which was de-sensed.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmeliaRodriguez