Android 4.2 double notification pulldown

Irvgotti

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
read this. double pull down. One the normal settings and the other quick settings.
1. I wish they have a customization for the quick settings
2. implement a 2 finger pull down gesture to directly open the quick settings

[Exclusive] Android 4.2 Alpha Teardown, Part 1: Quick Settings - The Second Pulldown Panel [Video]

Maybe they will. They just made expandable notifications with one finger. So maybe swippig down with 2 will bring quick settings. And one finger for the notifications

NoYankees44

Dec 20, 2011
Visit site
I really like this idea as long as they keep both menus accessible from the one finger pull down in some way

Sent from my ADR6425LVW

gollum18

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
I think I've already seen this on some sense phones already prior to ics.
The whole concept then was to have two tabs at the bottom of the notification drawer, one was for notifications and one was for quick settings, I get where the video is going but IMO the current ICS/job toggle setup in aosp is good enough for me. The problem cones when you try to get other manufacturers to implant the toggles in the notification bar since most will probably remove them, other than Samsung AND they remove all shreds of customizability... you're stuck with the toggles it ships with. Hell in the job update for the s3, they dropped the toggles from 9 to 5 wth...

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

anon(847090)

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
I think I've already seen this on some sense phones already prior to ics.
The whole concept then was to have two tabs at the bottom of the notification drawer, one was for notifications and one was for quick settings, I get where the video is going but IMO the current ICS/job toggle setup in aosp is good enough for me. The problem cones when you try to get other manufacturers to implant the toggles in the notification bar since most will probably remove them, other than Samsung AND they remove all shreds of customizability... you're stuck with the toggles it ships with. Hell in the job update for the s3, they dropped the toggles from 9 to 5 wth...

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2
or maybe samsung will move the toggle from notification to the new panel.

Shadowriver

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site
Depending on how those quick settings will look like they dont really need to remove buttons on first notification page. It's simple you got quick few in main page and when you want more and detail information you got to 2nd page.

Phantasmn

May 14, 2011
Visit site
The first thing I thought of when I saw the video was the webOS 1.0 - 2.24 (phones only) version of quick settings.

For webOS, there were 2 pulldowns, plus the notifications at the bottom, so technically 3. A swipe down from the top left of the screen would bring up the app menu. Similarly, a swipe down from the top right would bring up the quick settings menu. Here, you could quickly change network settings, go into airplane mode, control brightness (this might have been a tweak from the webOS-internals homebrew gurus), and a few other useful settings could be quickly changed.

I've always thought that having quick acccess to settings from inside other applications was missing from stock Android, so I glad to see this coming for Android 4.2. Doing 2 swipes is fine and all, but why not just go the webOS route? If the notification bar is still going to be visible, why not just swipe over the notifications for the expandable notifications, and swipe over the battery/time/network info for the quick settings?

I understand that having the top left/top right swipes will be more complicated for the new users (it was with webOS if I remember correctly), but 1 swipe to get right to what you need or want to do is faster.

moosc

Grand Master Moosc
Oct 20, 2009
Visit site
I like what moto has done. It has its toggles on the left side of screen just drag Oren from the side. Pretty snazzy

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mohamed-helmy