samsung at&t event thoughts

Duvi

Oct 24, 2008
Visit site
i would kiss the ground at&t walked on if it were the Nexus S. i really want one and if the right deal comes along, i may just trade my atrix for it. i love my atrix, but i started out with the nexus one and just wanted to stay with it, especially now that samsung made it and the screen on it is probably insane like my samsung focus (wp7).

cody_21

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
i would kiss the ground at&t walked on if it were the Nexus S. i really want one and if the right deal comes along, i may just trade my atrix for it. i love my atrix, but i started out with the nexus one and just wanted to stay with it, especially now that samsung made it and the screen on it is probably insane like my samsung focus (wp7).

Well said man! I hope it is a Nexus S with at least a 4g radio.

Guamguy

Dec 28, 2010
Visit site
I think it will be the Infuse 4G, but its also possible the Nexus S can be announced with it too.

Nexus S code number i9020A is already available in Canada. In Guam, they're already selling i9020A in both white and black --- can you imagine, a white Nexus S? The current US version is i9020T, the suffix being for T-Mobile.

I think its possible that AT&T will carry the SGSII later. The phone has a quad band 3G frequency that includes the ones AT&T is using, making the transition swift to the US. But its not likely that AT&T will announce it right now, lest it will make people hold off on potential Infuse and Nexus S purchases. Osborne effect you know.

An AT&T and Samsung announcement will put heavy pressure on Verizon to release Droid Charge this week. Verizon has to announce Droid Charge soon given that retailers have already stocked it and you don't want them teed off, and you don't want Droid Charge to overlap with Droid X2's and LG Revolution's release. Verizon needs to announce Droid Charge after Droid Incredible 2 and Casio Commando but before LG Revolution and Droid X2 hits the market.

Oh, for those who have owned the black Nexus S, the white Nexus S is a dozy. It has this pearl like finish, and unlike the black model, there is a gritty surface on the back to help make the phone less slippery.

dcesq06

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Well said man! I hope it is a Nexus S with at least a 4g radio.

Why would you want a Nexus S over a SGII? Because it is vanilla android? I think I'd take the SGII (even with touchwiz) over a Nexus S because of the better specs (super amolded plus screen and dual core).

Duvi

Oct 24, 2008
Visit site
Why would you want a Nexus S over a SGII? Because it is vanilla android? I think I'd take the SGII (even with touchwiz) over a Nexus S because of the better specs (super amolded plus screen and dual core).
why not? the vanilla experience may be all he wants. the device doesn't even have a U.S. release date. i like the 4 inch screen and the fact that all updates will come to that device first. i also like the device itself, the aesthetics as well as the icons. i can not stand the UI or touchwiz.

dan1431

Mar 29, 2010
Visit site
I would like to see the Nexus S (mabye with a HSPA+ radio), but I highly doubt it, it is not locked down enough for at&t.

I prefer vanilla Android for many reasons, not the least of which I do not want to rely on the manufacturer to provide timely updates.

While El Goog's sense of timing is off (weeks equal months and days equals weeks), I much prefer that to Samsung's inability to get FroYo out the door for the Galaxy S series.

Dan

cody_21

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site

Because i am not expecting the SG2 to be announced tomorrow. I expect it to be something else.

cody_21

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
If they released either device with stock android i would jump on it but the fact that I can't stand touchwiz makes me not want it.

Reactions: Duvi

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress