Anything new coming to AT&T?

zmagrini

May 13, 2011
Visit site
Seems like a bunch of new phones are coming out on other carriers, yet none are for certain for AT&T coming this summer. I am due for an upgrade and am unsure of what to get!

zmagrini

May 13, 2011
Visit site
whats making me lean towards the atrix is its getting 2.3.3 which is making motoblur look and feel a lot more bearable. but what do i know. im stuck using a blackberry on 2G that can only get internet if i have edge and will patiently wait a couple of minutes for each page not to mention what they look like when/if they do load. i REALLY like HTC though.. but i would like a phone by July, which unfortunately means no HTC for me

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
I believe a compatible HTC Sensation has been seen on FCC filings recently. Maybe it's going to make it's way to the AT&T network in the very near future.

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
I really want stock android and 3G. I love my nexus but EDGE can be painful.

Ha I hear you on that. Just hope that the development community pulls through and can get a good ROM on one of the newer phones, if you are not worried about rooting. Otherwise, Edge it is :(

zmagrini

May 13, 2011
Visit site
my plan is next week i am getting the Atrix. if the HTC Holiday is not out by the end of my 30 days, i will be keeping it. if it does happen to come out before august i will definitely check it out and most likely buy it (HTC is ideal, just the inspire's specs are a little behind whats to come).

Nickerz

May 16, 2011
Visit site
I'm eligible for an upgrade this Sunday and on AT&T but don't know if I should wait for some better Android phones to come out. I have a BlackBerry Bold 9700 and I'm aware of the new Bold 9900 coming soon but I would like to try Android. 2 things though are important to me. Can anyone confirm if these phones (Holiday, Thrill, Atrix)...

1.) Have an LED notification light?

2.) SD Memory Card that can be removed without removing the battery?

...It seems like Samsung loves putting the memory card behind the battery.

Nickerz

May 16, 2011
Visit site
atrix definitely has the light and the sim isnt behind the battery either.

Thanks for confirming!

At this point I think I will try the Atrix then! I'll have 30 days to play with it anyway and if I don't like it I can return it and maybe the HTC Holiday will be available by then. Does anyone know if HTC generally puts the SD card behind the battery or if any of there phones now have an LED?

****Edit****
I just watched a video of the Samsung Galaxy S II vs. the Motorola Atrix and it looks like the Atrix is already old compared to this phone. But for what I want out of a phone maybe the Atrix will do.

So anyone feel if the HTC Holiday will be the phone to have in a month or two for AT&T?

Last edited:

zmagrini

May 13, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for confirming!

At this point I think I will try the Atrix then! I'll have 30 days to play with it anyway and if I don't like it I can return it and maybe the HTC Holiday will be available by then. Does anyone know if HTC generally puts the SD card behind the battery or if any of there phones now have an LED?

****Edit****
I just watched a video of the Samsung Galaxy S II vs. the Motorola Atrix and it looks like the Atrix is already old compared to this phone. But for what I want out of a phone maybe the Atrix will do.

So anyone feel if the HTC Holiday will be the phone to have in a month or two for AT&T?

This is exactly what I'm doing. Seems like a good plan to me. I think I'll be happy with the atrix though :)

HTC generally does NOT do that. Seems like its a Samsung thing.

As the GSII vs Atrix, yes the GSII is going to be faster and whatnot. The atrix isnt "old" because as of now its still the fastest phone at AT&T. It has dual core and Tegra 2. Cant go wrong there. Plus the 2.3.3 update comes soon for the phone and it looks awesome. Thats my reasoning anyways.

btw, imo the qHD screen looks better than the AMOLED+. Not a fan of oversaturated colors.

Nickerz

May 16, 2011
Visit site
This is exactly what I'm doing. Seems like a good plan to me. I think I'll be happy with the atrix though :)

HTC generally does NOT do that. Seems like its a Samsung thing.

As the GSII vs Atrix, yes the GSII is going to be faster and whatnot. The atrix isnt "old" because as of now its still the fastest phone at AT&T. It has dual core and Tegra 2. Cant go wrong there. Plus the 2.3.3 update comes soon for the phone and it looks awesome. Thats my reasoning anyways.

btw, imo the qHD screen looks better than the AMOLED+. Not a fan of oversaturated colors.

True...the dual core processor is why I'm looking at this phone and another reason I skipped the Infuse (that and Samsung likes hiding the SD card :mad:).

I agree about the AMOLED too as the colors are vibrant but look a little unnatural (with pics anyway) as a review pointed out.

So over to the Motorola Atrix forum I go to do more research!!! :cool: I feel better now that I am deciding on a phone and can get it this Sunday. Can't go wrong with so many options that Android offers.

Thanks again for the feedback and to the OP who asked the question I was wondering about too.

Jun 9, 2011
Visit site
I'm eligible for an upgrade this Sunday and on AT&T but don't know if I should wait for some better Android phones to come out. I have a BlackBerry Bold 9700 and I'm aware of the new Bold 9900 coming soon but I would like to try Android. 2 things though are important to me. Can anyone confirm if these phones (Holiday, Thrill, Atrix)...

1.) Have an LED notification light?

2.) SD Memory Card that can be removed without removing the battery?

...It seems like Samsung loves putting the memory card behind the battery.

I'd suggest the HTC ChaCha, I know it's facebook centric, but it still comes with all the productivity software of Android. Plus I heard the Facebook button is the equivalent of the notification light. Couple all of that with the BB form factor........ winner?

pingbrady

Jun 15, 2011
Visit site
I had to dive in head first since my iPhone 3GS was on its way out (mute button not working doesn't do me any good during meetings and events). After a little research I went with the Atrix knowing I can exchange anything within 30 days. I LOVE the performance of the phone, but the screen size - even though an upgrade from 3GS - could be larger. After having it for 3 weeks I've learned much more about Motorola's stance on ROMs and upcoming superstars like Galaxy S2 (Attain) and Holiday. I have an appointment tomorrow to exchange my Atrix with a Infuse to see if I even miss the performance since I'm not a gamer or youTubeaholic (business and social use). I'm wondering if screen size will really be as big of a deal as I'm making it out to be, but then again I use my phone for web surfing a lot. Since I know the store manager I somehow got a little more than 30 days to play with (he even said he'd hold onto the Atrix in case I change my mind) and I would be absolutely tickled if either Galaxy S2 or Holiday came out by mid-July. But to be honest, I'd be happy with any of the phones mentioned in this message

CWorkman

May 26, 2010
Visit site
Attain

I have to say that I am waiting for the Attain. I come up for a new phone on the 10th of July and the reviews of the S II show it to be just a killer phone. The Infuse is just a little too big for me and no dual core. I heard the Atrix was having issues with software and the dual core?