No audio via HDMI with Dex

Forgewizard

May 20, 2012
Visit site
Well pffft on that! Have a Note 10+, have been struggling to get Drx to function on my old Nextbook 10 windows 10. Apparently none of the ports function on the old machine. I really hate windows anyway. So opted for a stand a lone monitor to use Dex exclusively. I don't game, don't produce videos, don't photoshop. Just basic MS Word and Excel, and Wendy browsing, streaming videos.
I picked up a Samsung 27" curved monitor at Walmart for 150$. Another 40$ for a USB c to HDMI hub with power port, and USB port .
Scrounged up an old Belkin USB hub, already used a Logitech wireless trackball and keyboard that can work on 3 devices. For some reason the keyboard and trackball each now have to talk to their respective dangles. Whereas before they communicated via Bluetooth. Whatever, dangles work fine from my multi port USB hub. The hub also worked great with a thumb drive and I made quick work of moving photos! So far, so good with Dex!
So now, let's stream a movie. Eww, the screen is horrible! Grainy, dull colors, fuzzy text, grey blacks. I was seriously considering boxing it back up!
Where is the sound? I know the monitor doesn't have speakers, but I plugged in to the audio jack and the HDMI. But no sound!
Went to Samsung web, they actually say their will be no audio if using the HDMI or DVI cables!
REALLY Samsung? REALLY? Am using a Bluetooth speaker which took a bit of finnegaling to finally work.

Kizzy Catwoman

Ambassador
Feb 2, 2017
Visit site
I did have audio when I used Dex.
The built in speakers on my portable monitor were awful but if I plugged in a mini speaker through the headphone jack I did have sound. So not sure what went wrong for you.... Glad the Bluetooth speaker works.

jope28

Feb 28, 2014
Visit site
Have you tried using the Sound Assistant app since it allows you to choose where to channel the sound through?
That might help your setup out.

I use Dex on my S21 over HDMI cable and channel the sound to my ear buds.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
samahmed336699