WIFI analyser requreis Location permission enabled

mellandroid

Banned
Jul 1, 2014
Visit site
I have tried loading WIFI analyser to show WIFI SSID in the area as well as accompanied information and everyone I have tried requires Location permission be turned on.

What is the reasoning for location permission being turned on? There is no reason for location permission to be turned on and a older OS like Lolipop does not require location permission only higher version like PIE.

Why?

mellandroid

Banned
Jul 1, 2014
Visit site
I have read a few descriptions like what you provided and they do not make sense.

I have wifi analyzer on my desktop which has no permission to my location. How is a Android phone needing GPS location active a security feature required on the phone and not on a Desktiop?
This suggest less security. For example with Location permission on, this allows the possibility of Google itself learning your location or possible the WIFI devices associated. If Location permission is off, then all that can be learned is the WIFI devices and information not the phones location which could correlate all the information together.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cloudsofmana