wont let me set up yahoo email... really slow too

Oct 3, 2013
Visit site
hi all,
i have just bought a samsung galaxy ace and its really slow and seems to crash when opening facebook/whatsapp/ebay. is this normal or is there something i can do?
my other problem is that it is saying incorrect username/password when i try and set up my yahoo email, i know im putting in the right thing because ive just done it fine on my laptop. ive changed the password and reset it too and tried this and this didnt work. why is it doing this? is there a fix?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Is this a brand new phone, or is it used or refurbished? If it's used or refurbished, there's always a concern for a hardware problem.

What do you mean when you say it seems to crash when opening Facebook/Whatsapp/eBay? Is it just slow to open these apps, or do you get error messages? I can tell you that the Facebook Android app is not the most reliable app--for me, it's not uncommon for it to lag when opening, or sometimes just stop responding.

Are you trying to link your Yahoo email to the stock Email app? If so, be aware that this might not be possible if you only use the free Yahoo email service, and not the paid Yahoo Mail Plus. I've looked into this in the past, and found it quite frustrating, but I can't tell you for sure if they've changed that restriction yet. It's probably better just to use the Yahoo Mail app, which is actually pretty good.

Oct 3, 2013
Visit site
ah ok thanks, didnt realize there was a yahoo email app, was just trying to link to the stock app on the phone. its a used phone but my friend only had it 6 weeks.
it just goes to a black screen when opening facebook and sometimes stops responding and just takes forever to do anything. its a nightmare, so slow!

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Did you do a full factory reset when you got the phone, since it's a used phone? If not, I'd suggest you do so, but it will wipe your phone of any data that you may have put on it so far. Alternatively, you can do a cache partition wipe, which clears the system cache of temporary system data that might be slowing things down. This way, you won't lose any of your important data. Follow the instructions here: Vodafone Support - How to restore factory settings on the Samsung Galaxy Ace, but instead of selecting "Wipe Data," make sure you select "Wipe Cache Partition." When it's done, select "Reboot System Now," and see if things improve.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
If you choose "Wipe Cache Partition," you will not lose any photos or any other personal data that you've put on the phone. Just make sure you don't choose "Wipe Data/Factory Reset"!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
danishpeer