Dead Ace 2, only 8 months old!!

girlygirl31

Nov 2, 2013
Visit site
Hi There, I've had many issues with the phone. I received it mid January after 4 months of hassell. In June all of a sudden it wouldn't charge, I took it to two "dealers" and they said it wasn't charger, and it was batttery and they said, without a magnifying glass....oh a prong is bent, I now believe this is some sort of "code" that means we don't know but it will cost you an additional $100+ MINIMUM to find out what it is. (I have a 1 yr parts warranty). So I went and bought a cheapie as I needed "a" phone, and wouldn't you know...after totally draining battery, plugging it in it worked....hmmmm...prong? NOT....SCAM? possible....
Home key stopped working not much long after that, that was ok as I could work around that. BUT NOW....back in Oct. the phone would switch off for no reason, and NOW...it won't come on at all....I believe that battery charges, because if I plug it in, it feels a bit warm...Is there anything I can do myself, or do I need to take it in, and having said that....should I raise a HUGE cuffawful....
(oh BTW, the Kiosk where I ended up getting it after 4 months has changed owners several times, so they lost my paper work, but I've kept my original)
Any help would be great!!
GG

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Hi There, I've had many issues with the phone. I received it mid January after 4 months of hassell. In June all of a sudden it wouldn't charge, I took it to two "dealers" and they said it wasn't charger, and it was batttery and they said, without a magnifying glass....oh a prong is bent, I now believe this is some sort of "code" that means we don't know but it will cost you an additional $100+ MINIMUM to find out what it is. (I have a 1 yr parts warranty). So I went and bought a cheapie as I needed "a" phone, and wouldn't you know...after totally draining battery, plugging it in it worked....hmmmm...prong? NOT....SCAM? possible....
Home key stopped working not much long after that, that was ok as I could work around that. BUT NOW....back in Oct. the phone would switch off for no reason, and NOW...it won't come on at all....I believe that battery charges, because if I plug it in, it feels a bit warm...Is there anything I can do myself, or do I need to take it in, and having said that....should I raise a HUGE cuffawful....
(oh BTW, the Kiosk where I ended up getting it after 4 months has changed owners several times, so they lost my paper work, but I've kept my original)
Any help would be great!!
GG

Do I think you have something hardware wise related to charging? Yes. However, I think it's internal, and not something that can be seen by pulling off the plate, and peeking at it.
If you never rooted, I would contact Samsung. See what they say.