Extremly hot phone, broken sd card

bratley0

Jul 27, 2019
Visit site
Hello, yesterday my phone got extremly hot when I was not using it. After trying to remove the battery I noticed the sd card slot is ultra hot. I took the sd card off and inserted it to my laptop to save all of my data, but it showed me I need to format the card before I continue, so my data and photos got lost :/. When removing the battery and adding it back nothing changed. Later I heard some "cooking noises" coming from the phone. I fastly removed the battery and tried to cool down the phone. Should I buy new phone or battery?

(sorry for my English I am from Europe)

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
It sounds as if the phone has cooked itself, so you'll probably need a new phone. Bring it to your carrier and ask if they'll put a battery into it for a minute to see if it works. (Most repair shops don't carry spare batteries, so they wouldn't be able to do that.)

Next time, use your own language - we can use Google Translate. It will be easier for you.

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
I'm also thinking the phone itself is defective, likely shorting out internally. It is possible for a battery to have a similar problem that resorts in excessive heat, but the fact it apparently affected the SD card makes me think it's the phone itself.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress