Dust and General Care?

geraldem

Aug 27, 2016
Visit site
Just got my Galaxy Z Fold 2 yesterday. Wow..really loving this thing so far. I am waiting on my case to arrive, so being really careful with it. Question for those who have had it for a longer, how worried or careful do I have to be regarding dust..etc. I know it is more fragile of a device ..ie drops, handling screen..etc. But for putting in pocket..etc. How concerned are you all on dust getting into device..etc? thanks.

ROE_HUNTER

Jan 13, 2016
Visit site
Just got my Galaxy Z Fold 2 yesterday. Wow..really loving this thing so far. I am waiting on my case to arrive, so being really careful with it. Question for those who have had it for a longer, how worried or careful do I have to be regarding dust..etc. I know it is more fragile of a device ..ie drops, handling screen..etc. But for putting in pocket..etc. How concerned are you all on dust getting into device..etc? thanks.

Not extremely worried, put in my front pocket all the time, I just make sure that pocket is always empty, and would be different if I lived where there was sand. Another thing I do is make sure there is nothing on the screen when I fold it. I am using the Samsung Aramid case with nothing on front but factory protector.

geraldem

Aug 27, 2016
Visit site
Nice..that is very helpful. Where did you buy the Aramid case? Samsung direct? I visit beach very frequently, so this is a big issue/question for me. I think I will swap sims for beach visits :)

strikeIII

Aug 24, 2010
Visit site
I don't use a case but will be using a skin on the back and camera because the fingerprints on the Mystic Black is crazy like all their other phones. I'm still using the factory screen protector on the front screen and took off the one on the inside. Feels so much better without it. I honestly don't baby it anymore after having it a few days.

ROE_HUNTER

Jan 13, 2016
Visit site
Nice..that is very helpful. Where did you buy the Aramid case? Samsung direct? I visit beach very frequently, so this is a big issue/question for me. I think I will swap sims for beach visits :)

My Aramid case came from Verizon(I'm not a Verizon user), they had it on discount.

J Dubbs

Jun 4, 2016
Visit site
This is good info to hear...... I'm really starting to get the itch for the fold. I will be in the doghouse tho if I spend 2 grand on a phone :eek: I've gotta stop reading these threads lol.

tadpoles

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site
This is good info to hear...... I'm really starting to get the itch for the fold. I will be in the doghouse tho if I spend 2 grand on a phone :eek: I've gotta stop reading these threads lol.
I am very concerned about dust etc. I use a dBrand skin with a case and I keep the phone in a little eyeglass pouch. I've had absolutely no issues.

bkdodger2

Jun 3, 2020
Visit site
At least you will have a great watching device while in the doghouse lol ..just think of how much hands on time you get lol.

J Dubbs

Jun 4, 2016
Visit site
At least you will have a great watching device while in the doghouse lol ..just think of how much hands on time you get lol.

I'll post up a picture of me in the doghouse when... I mean if I get one.

Who am I kidding?...... pictures coming soon lol.

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
Do like I did, buy it in swappa. I paid $1,500 for a 3 week old one. Guy went back to iphone. Of course you have to pay for that up front unless you charge it, but if you just make payments might as well do the interest free financing. Anyway, you can save a little bit if you look around.

You will like it

rsmin

Jul 7, 2012
Visit site
Do like I did, buy it in swappa. I paid $1,500 for a 3 week old one. Guy went back to iphone. Of course you have to pay for that up front unless you charge it, but if you just make payments might as well do the interest free financing. Anyway, you can save a little bit if you look around.

You will like it
Trucksmoveamerica#AC: I know you use to own a note phone: trying to decide if I want to nice from the Note series to this. Any regrets leaving your note?

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
Trucksmoveamerica#AC: I know you use to own a note phone: trying to decide if I want to nice from the Note series to this. Any regrets leaving your note?
I haven't had any regrets yet. I have tried to use the note 20 ultra I still have and always end up back on the fold 2 within hours. I like having easy one handed usage on the front screen, and you can use the front screen for most things and be good, and I can open it up for a bigger screen. It will take you awhile to get used to the narrow screen compared to the note phone's. I think the note phone's are getting to wide. I'm looking at staying with the fold series for the time being. I think the durability is pretty good also.

rsmin

Jul 7, 2012
Visit site
I haven't had any regrets yet. I have tried to use the note 20 ultra I still have and always end up back on the fold 2 within hours. I like having easy one handed usage on the front screen, and you can use the front screen for most things and be good, and I can open it up for a bigger screen. It will take you awhile to get used to the narrow screen compared to the note phone's. I think the note phone's are getting to wide. I'm looking at staying with the fold series for the time being. I think the durability is pretty good also.
Thanks, may have to wait a little while to get one on second hand market. Had looked at one yesteday on ebay that was mint and wound up selling for $1199.(buy it now). Only way I can justify buying one is selling my Note 10+ and my LG v60 dual screen. I tried the dual screen after years of owning note phones but actually missed some of the Samsung things like DEX. So I was going to sell my LG V60 anyway but somehow found myself looking at the z fold 2 and thinking it would be nice. I am retired now and don't have the money to fling around on tech like I used to. So can't go willy-nilly buying tech now. But the two in one thing with the fold (phone/tablet) seems intriguing. My Note 10+ and v60 are pristine so wouldn't be hard to sell. Anyway, thanks for letting me know how it's working for you now. Always liked your opinions and posts in the Note forums.

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
Thanks, may have to wait a little while to get one on second hand market. Had looked at one yesteday on ebay that was mint and wound up selling for $1199.(buy it now). Only way I can justify buying one is selling my Note 10+ and my LG v60 dual screen. I tried the dual screen after years of owning note phones but actually missed some of the Samsung things like DEX. So I was going to sell my LG V60 anyway but somehow found myself looking at the z fold 2 and thinking it would be nice. I am retired now and don't have the money to fling around on tech like I used to. So can't go willy-nilly buying tech now. But the two in one thing with the fold (phone/tablet) seems intriguing. My Note 10+ and v60 are pristine so wouldn't be hard to sell. Anyway, thanks for letting me know how it's working for you now. Always liked your opinions and posts in the Note forums.
I to point out a negative the edge panels are limited on the fold 2. You can't go to the galaxy store and add edge panels. If edge panels are of importance to you, just wanted to let you know it could be a issue. I'm living without a couple that I use.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87