Galaxy Gear Firmware UK to US version

nfectgotan

Dec 16, 2013
Visit site
I have been on UK update, and tried to Kies 3 update my gear today to see if it would let me get the US version but it says I am up to date. It also shows that I have XAR MK7 which is cellular south. I updated to BTU MK7 which is UK version. Could someone please confirm for me what version they received from OTA or kies after updating? It appears that my gear may have updated itself or the update between UK and US may be exactly the same and kies thinks its on US verision.

Thanks.

nfectgotan

Dec 16, 2013
Visit site
I am on JDQ39.V700XXUAMK7 installed from USB cable and file from XDA.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

You able to view version on Kies for me? It will tell you wether it is XAR or BTU or some other one that may match up with a US update. Basically from my manager it looks like I have the same thing as you.

Looks like your on the go you may not be able to do that. Anyone who posts after this I want to know the 3 letter Region code that you are up to date with. You have to read it inside kies

UsedName

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
I just loaded the UK firmware last night and what a surprise to see the US firmware made it out today!! LOL...just as well, I've been enjoying all the new notification on my Gear today.:D

This watch is awesome!

nfectgotan

Dec 16, 2013
Visit site
Well I loaded BTU but when I tried to side grade to the U.S. version since I wasn't sure if they added something new for US or maybe different it said I had the XAR version. Which makes me think it side graded itself. Just not sure. Can anyone confirm who upgraded to BTU that when you connect your GG to kies3(since Kies wont recognize it, atleast it didn't for me) that it says your version is BTU or XAR, if you are in the US

nfectgotan

Dec 16, 2013
Visit site
Just went to samsung update site, and they added XAR build date 13.11.2013 which I believe is exactly the same as the BTU build. I think Kies 3 thinks I have build XAR since I am using a device that is region coded XAR. I thought the build date for the XAR or whatever version was going to be for US would have been 18.12.2013 I just think they where testing it on US devices which is understandable since US tend to be much more gung ho about returning devices that don't meet expectations.
exchance

Ill end my last post for this thread with I am extremely happy with my device now, I was on the fence about returning it before I decided to update, and the device meets and exceeds all of my expectations I hope many more people make the plunge and buy one its awesome. I don't use exchange like many other people here but I use Moxier mail which connects with exchange but allows me to keep my pattern lock screen and separates exchange from my main security. I get regular updates about schedule and email notices but it require me to unlock my phone which I have no problem doing. Best purchase in years for me, that includes my Xbox one purchase which is also awesome but doesn't bring as much joy to me as my watch.

Tech geek my whole life, studying to be a engineer, currently working as an engineer in biotech, this device fits my personality perfectly.