Alarm vibrate on Gear only

pilotnh

Sep 15, 2013
Visit site
I am trying to find out if there's a way to set an alarm that will only vibrate on the Gear and keep my phone silent. I have the Gear set to vibrate and that part is no problem. The phone seems to override the fact that I have it set as mute because it is an alarm.

I am hoping to be able to use the wearable Gear as my alarm clock that doesn't wake my spouse.

chefmorry

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
Are you setting the alarm through your phone, or through the gear?

It's possible to set an alarm on the gear only, but it must be done through S-Voice.

Go to S-Voice in the gear, say set alarm. It will ask you for what time to set it for. I've used it, it works. I believe it had nothing to do with your phone once set.

Lemme know how it works out for you.

Posted via Android Central App

pilotnh

Sep 15, 2013
Visit site
I am trying to find out if there's a way to set an alarm that will only vibrate on the Gear and keep my phone silent. I have the Gear set to vibrate and that part is no problem. The phone seems to override the fact that I have it set as mute because it is an alarm.

I am hoping to be able to use the wearable Gear as my alarm clock that doesn't wake my spouse.

Are you setting the alarm through your phone, or through the gear?

It's possible to set an alarm on the gear only, but it must be done through S-Voice.

Go to S-Voice in the gear, say set alarm. It will ask you for what time to set it for. I've used it, it works. I believe it had nothing to do with your phone once set.

Lemme know how it works out for you.

Posted via Android Central App
Nope. That didn't work for me. It automatically synced it to the phone and was quite audible. Thanks anyway.

zeuserx

Dec 3, 2013
Visit site
You could try a stand alone Alarm on the Gear. Then you do whatever you want without even needing the phone.

Sideload "Alarm clock"
2014-04-15+12.41.01.jpg
2014-04-15+12.40.19.jpg

Ray Yuen1

Feb 24, 2015
Visit site
To make your gear vibrate and your mobile stay silent when the alarm is going off. When setting the alarm I choose alarm type 'Melody', then I turn the alarm melody volume to zero. That way the melody is playing but no one can hear it, the mobile doesn't vibrate but my Gear 2 Neo vibrates.