Samsung J3 - How to set SD Card aslot default storage?

LOPEYBOI

Nov 25, 2016
Visit site
Hi,

I've put an SD card into my J3. Downloads keep trying to go to the phone which is now full. How can I set the SD Card as default storage? Also, how can I move music, videos and photos onto the SD Card please?

Thanks

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
1. Install and run External 2 Internal SD (Root) (the phone has to be rooted). That will swap internal and external storage.

2. Update to Marshmallow (at least) and format the SD card as adoptable storage. You'll lose "internal" and "external" and have just "storage". The phone will decide what goes where.

(Downloads and app installations should go to internal storage - it's how Android works. External storage - SD cards - was designed to keep media files.)

3. Use an app like Total Commander to copy files in internal storage, go to the SD card and paste the file (one file at a time).

Any of the 3 ways will work, depending on what you want to end up with. (With #2, you can't move the SD card to a computer and "see" the files - the format is completely different than any computer can read.).

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non