Why am i not being notified when a mms is delivered and read? .

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

My samsung A5 2016 used to notify me when a mms was delivered and read. My new samsung galaxy j7 2017 will not notify me when mms are delivered and read. I have the feature enabled in the settings for mms in the messaging app but in the message deatails under the delivery and read reports of the actual messages it says requested.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Some text apps will send back a notification, some won't. Some have a selection to send a notification back or not. I think it's more a matter of how the people you're texting have their text apps set up.

Danae Christodoulou

Dec 4, 2017
Visit site
Some text apps will send back a notification, some won't. Some have a selection to send a notification back or not. I think it's more a matter of how the people you're texting have their text apps set up.

I'm texting the same person i texted from my A5 so their text apps havent changed it's only my phone that's changed. Both my new and old phones are from the same brand - Samsung and the phones are actually pretty similar in specs. The problem is not only recieving a notification. The phone is not obtaining the reports since it says "requested" under delivery/read report when i manually go to the message details.
Also, my A5 would automatically turn mobile data on/off when i sent a mms. Now with the J7 i have to manually turn it on/off to send a mms.

ManiacJoe

Trusted Member
Aug 5, 2015
Visit site
While SMS does support delivery receipts, it does not support read receipts.

If both the sender and receiver are on the same carrier, and both have "enhanced calling" options turned on, the carrier may pass some extra data (like read receipts) back and forth. Then it is just a matter of using an app that understands that non-standard data (often the default SMS app only).

Danae Christodoulou

Dec 4, 2017
Visit site
While SMS does support delivery receipts, it does not support read receipts.

If both the sender and receiver are on the same carrier, and both have "enhanced calling" options turned on, the carrier may pass some extra data (like read receipts) back and forth. Then it is just a matter of using an app that understands that non-standard data (often the default SMS app only).

Its not about SMS. I dont care about SMS. Its MMS. And as i said before,it has nothing to do with the carrier because we are both using the same carriers as we did before i got a new phone. PLEASE someone with something useful to help??

ManiacJoe

Trusted Member
Aug 5, 2015
Visit site
It is all the same SMS/MMS.
Are you both on the same carrier?
Do you both have "enhanced calling" options turned on?
Are you using an SMS app that takes advantage of your carrier's enhanced options?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty