Newbie- Note 10.1 (2014) Stuck on SAMSUNG screen

zzznap

Nov 23, 2013
Visit site
I seem to have successfully installed an update, but when the device restarted, it went to the screen with just SAMSUNG and has been stuck there ever since. I cannot turn it off or on.
Have tried holding the power button on for up to 60 seconds and it cycles thru to the Galaxy Note 10.1 screen and goes blank, then back to the Galaxy 10.1 screen and back again. Ultimately, when I let go it proceeds to the samsung screen and then just stops there. Have tried it plugged in and unplugged. Drained the battery completely and recharded. Nothing changed.
Help:-(

mcgeorge36

Dec 8, 2009
Visit site
Not sure how (might have to Google it) but starting in safe mode might help.
Also, do you have an SD card installed? Maybe taking the card out will help.

Sent from my SM-N900V using AC Forums mobile app

dasym

Nov 13, 2013
Visit site
I had the same problem. Removing the sd card allowed the rebooting to continue, but each time I rebooted I had to remove the card again. I then found a suggestion that unticking the Scanning always available option on the Wi-Fi Advanced tab sorted this, and it has.

Sent from my SM-P600 using Tapatalk

laika

Aug 24, 2013
Visit site
Did you get it working without a factory reset? If so what did you do?

I seem to have successfully installed an update, but when the device restarted, it went to the screen with just SAMSUNG and has been stuck there ever since. I cannot turn it off or on.
Have tried holding the power button on for up to 60 seconds and it cycles thru to the Galaxy Note 10.1 screen and goes blank, then back to the Galaxy 10.1 screen and back again. Ultimately, when I let go it proceeds to the samsung screen and then just stops there. Have tried it plugged in and unplugged. Drained the battery completely and recharded. Nothing changed.
Help:-(