Can't find DAYDREAM/USERS/NOTIFICATION SETTINGS

donaldshimoda

Feb 5, 2014
Visit site
Hi everybody,

I've got few problems here :

- daydream - I can't find the native feature, it's not displayed anywhere under "settings", so I just can use some 3rd part apps
- users - the same as above
- notification settings - dont' have any widget or shortcuts available and if so I can't set anything. I downloaded some apps like nils,dashclock and others but when it comes to give them access in order to make notifications available it just goes to the first setting page (connection) where anything allows me to enable the service.
I mean, I don't see anywhere the "notification settings" page I've seen on some screenshots that some articles describes as one of the new feature of android 4.3.
The only thing I'm allowed to do is to enable some apps service through "accessibility" but even in doing so, nothing works properly (for instance whats app notification on dash clock, or nils)

Thank you in advance

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Here's the manual: http://downloadcenter.samsung.com/c...axy_Note_10_English_JB_User_Manual_MIE_F5.pdf

See pp 140-141 for Daydream.

Not sure about the multiple user feature.

I don't quite understand your question about Notifications. Whether or not an app gives notifications in the Notification Bar is up to the app--not all apps give notifications. If the app does give notifications, the settings will usually be somewhere in the app's settings (not the System Settings). You can turn off an app's notification in the Settings>Apps menu by selecting an app and unchecking the Notifications box.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Ok, first of all, sorry if what I'm about to explain is not really what you're looking for, but I really don't understand what you're missing, so I'll do my best.

1) Daydream. It IS there, there's a switch in Settings, I just can't remember in which tab (don't have the tablet in front of me right now), but I'm 10000% sure it's there.

2) Users. If you're talking about adding Google or Samsung accounts, again, it's in Settings under "Accounts". Just add whatever you need. If you mean different users like in Windows, I'm not sure but I think you can only add that through Knox. I know it's supposed to be a feature of Android now, but I don't think it was 'ported' into Samsung's own version.

3) As for the Notifications, just like B.Diddy, I don't really understand what you mean but I'm guessing it's not really Notifications but Lockscreen Widgets. This setting is under "LockScreen" BUT in order to be able to use it, you need to be using a non-secure lockscreen (PIN, password, etc. won't let you use lockscreen widgets) and you can't have the Calendar/Note thingy activated if you have a smart cover (under Accessories).

donaldshimoda

Feb 5, 2014
Visit site
Thank you so much for the replies. The first two issues are fixed! thx

That what I was trying to ask about Notification Settings : I downloaded DashClock apk. When it comes to set the widget you can choose some extensions, like for example "what's app notification". Once did that, the line that is supposed to have the notifications says "This extension requires access to notifications, click to configure".
Well if I do this it simply bring me to the android main general setting page, where obviously there's just wifi/bluetooth and other connections option.
The same happens with every single app that requires me to enable access to notification (Nils, AppOps, ecc ecc)....under options selection like "click here to configure" or "click here to give permission", every apps bring me to general setting.

The only thing I've noticed is that under "device setting" there is "accessibility" and this is where I can see "services" and all the apps which need some sort of notification permissions are listed. BUT again if I flag them nothing change.

I hope to made my self clearer :D, english is obviously not mine main language

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Try checking Settings>Device Administrators​--is there a checkbox for Dashclock there?

donaldshimoda

Feb 5, 2014
Visit site
sorry for bothering, but I don't see anything like that...my tab is set on italian but there's nothing like "Device Administrators" the closest being Account

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Whoops, sorry, it's under Settings/Security/Device Administration.

Posted via Android Central App

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
What you're seeing is for the extensions to work. You must enable them in the Accessibility section, otherwise they won't be able to 'catch' data. Now, even if you do enable them, some won't work properly. I know, for instance, that the Whatsapp extension is buggy at best.

donaldshimoda

Feb 5, 2014
Visit site
Thanks again..that's what I thought too...but here it is the issue...I paid attention on what's going on when I click on " this extension requires........click to configure ecc ecc" and managed to get a screen shoot uploadfromtaptalk1391780762401.jpg....now, this is showed just for a fraction of second then it goes to general setting without letting me do anything about notification.
Does anyone know how to fix that in order to be able to have access to this "notification access" Page?

Inviato dal mio SM-P605 utilizzando Tapatalk

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
If you go directly to Accessibility settings you should be able to enable/disable the access for each extension. If it doesn't work maybe it's the extension, not the system...

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
If you go directly to Accessibility settings you should be able to enable/disable the access for each extension. If it doesn't work maybe it's the extension, not the system...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress