How to copy files from Note 2 to 10.1 2014 Edition ?

space6333

Feb 23, 2014
Visit site
Is there any way to copy/move files from Samsung Note 2 to Samsung 10.1 2014 Edition without going through Dropbox or cloud or computer, something like using a cable/adapter/OTG ?

Thank you.

dianehelen

Jun 5, 2011
Visit site
Is there any way to copy/move files from Samsung Note 2 to Samsung 10.1 2014 Edition without going through Dropbox or cloud or computer, something like using a cable/adapter/OTG ?

Thank you.

If the Note 2 supports OTG, you can just copy your files to a flash drive and move them to the Note 10.1 2014

CehowardNote7

Apr 27, 2013
Visit site

Thank you.

Sorry, I had replied but didn't see the part about no computer. With that said, if you have a sd card on the Note 2, you could take it out, and put it in your Note 2014. Copy all off the sd card to your internal memory on the Note 2014, that take the card out and put it back in your Note 2. Then if you have another sd card put that in your 2014 and copy the stuff off your precious internal memory to the sd card. That is optional.

John Woo1

Jan 5, 2014
Visit site
Use WiFi direct to transfer files between devices. Optional download wifi file transfer or superbeam wifi transfer on playstore. No need go through external media or computer.
Sorry for short mess, hate typing on Note 2 with tapatalk.

Skickat fr?n min GT-N7100 via Tapatalk

pcbtmr

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
Have you been successful as using wifi Direct? Anything WiFi for both Note 2 & Note 10.1 works fine but direct file transfer always fails even though the devices appear to be "connected".

John Woo1

Jan 5, 2014
Visit site
Have you been successful as using wifi Direct? Anything WiFi for both Note 2 & Note 10.1 works fine but direct file transfer always fails even though the devices appear to be "connected".

Yes, transfer files between Note 2014 and Note 2 is working for me. It does happens sometimes it stopped in middle of transfer, but just redo transfer again and then it works. It doesnt happens often, but it does it sometimes.
I usually use esfilexplorer or default file explorer to send files between them. Mostly use esfile explorer, since its easy to mark multi files and send them, but notice that default file explorer is kinda faster on wifi transfering and use it on big file size only.
The speed is between 2-4MB/s, depends on what app I use and devices.

Dale_M

Jan 8, 2014
Visit site
ES Task Manager I believe has FTP (File Transfer Protocol) capabilities (look under "network" ), I think in both Server and client modes, not sure if Note 2 has capabilities though, works over wifi.... ES also supports LAN, Cloud and Bluetooth... Might be worth looking at....

Dale