K K update procedure

Dr Law

Oct 27, 2013
Visit site
I'm in the UK and not got this yet, but in preparation for when it does become available, what is the recommended install procedure?
Backup, yes, but not sure if this is just a cloud backup on my Samsung account, or whether I need to do a temporary tablet /PC file transfer.
For some reason I can't seem to be able to do a Google account backup without creating a new account?

Also, there is a lot of talk about un mounting the micro SD card first, and doing a factory reset after the KK upgrade ?
Yet I've heard of other folks doing the upgrade straight off without problems. I do like the idea of the factory reset to remove a lot of the accumulated dross this tablet seems to gather in huge amounts, but what is the application reinstall like, and how is this done?

Dale_M

Jan 8, 2014
Visit site
I used Kies 3... Just did backup and followed instructions as Kies stated them.... Did fine.... Some people have has OTA updates without any intervention from them...... Either way its not rocket science....

Dale

Soooperpigdog

Jan 10, 2014
Visit site
I'm in the UK too and have upgraded to KK via rom flash (odin). Couldn't be bothered to backup, but need not have worried, everything carried over with no issues. However, don't take my blas? attitude, BACKUP!