What Samsung Brand Chargers will Charge My SGN 10.1 2014 Properly/Fast

pwscott

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
So I have a bunch of chargers I can choose from in addition to the one that came with my new Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 Edition and I am wondering which will charge the device at a similar rate (or faster?) as/than the supplied one....
Obviously in all cases I'd use a proper micro-USB equipped cable...

Which of these: ?

Stock one that came with? YES of course
Charger from my older SG Note 10.1 4G original edition??
Charger from my SG S4 phone?

What do you think?

John Woo1

Jan 5, 2014
Visit site
Any charger that outputs 5.3V 2Amp and S4 charger is 5V, so it will charge slower.
Note 3/S5 chargers, HP Touchpad all are 5.3V 2A chargers.
Normal 5V will give around 4.7V, since USB cable resistance (depends on quality/length) will lower output and normal if u use a battery app. It shows normally 4.7V.
U can try to charge with 5V charger and 5.3V charger, around 30-50%. Than measure the time difference.

Or you can wait for Quick Charge 2.0 chargers, that finally released, but only in Japan right now and u can always import it if cant wait. It will improve charging time about 75% faster. Of course if Samsung have already enabled it in Note 2014 Snapdragon 800 chipset and need kernel that support it too.
Quick Charge 2.0 has arrived | Qualcomm Snapdragon Processors

Can import from here:
niconicodo | Rakuten Global Market: Pure battery charger docomo battery charger docomo of docomo battery charger docomo (AC adapter 05)

MarkHansen

Jun 22, 2014
Visit site
I didn't understand what you said in your paragraph about support in the tablet. Does the Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 Edition support Quick Charge already, or are you saying they're going to need to provide an update to be able to support it? If an update is needed, how do we go about getting it?

Thanks,

John Woo1

Jan 5, 2014
Visit site
I didn't understand what you said in your paragraph about support in the tablet. Does the Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 Edition support Quick Charge already, or are you saying they're going to need to provide an update to be able to support it? If an update is needed, how do we go about getting it?

Thanks,
Yes, but only with Note 2014 SM-P605 LTE that have Snapdragon 800 chipset does have Quick Charge 2.0, but need a kernel that supports it and compitable Quick Charge 2.0 charger.
Note 2014 SM-P600 WiFi edition doesnt have it, since it use Exynos chipset.

Closingracer

Banned
Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
Any charger that outputs 5.3V 2Amp and S4 charger is 5V, so it will charge slower.
Note 3/S5 chargers, HP Touchpad all are 5.3V 2A chargers.
Normal 5V will give around 4.7V, since USB cable resistance (depends on quality/length) will lower output and normal if u use a battery app. It shows normally 4.7V.
U can try to charge with 5V charger and 5.3V charger, around 30-50%. Than measure the time difference.

Or you can wait for Quick Charge 2.0 chargers, that finally released, but only in Japan right now and u can always import it if cant wait. It will improve charging time about 75% faster. Of course if Samsung have already enabled it in Note 2014 Snapdragon 800 chipset and need kernel that support it too.
Quick Charge 2.0 has arrived | Qualcomm Snapdragon Processors

Can import from here:
niconicodo | Rakuten Global Market: Pure battery charger docomo battery charger docomo of docomo battery charger docomo (AC adapter 05)

I am pretty sure the S4 Charger came with a 5.3V Charger ... I have so many Samsung chargers laying around my house though And I have 3 or 4 White ones which one came with the Note 3, Tab s 10.5 and S4 and maybe the s3? My s2 Came with the Black one

John Woo1

Jan 5, 2014
Visit site
I am pretty sure the S4 Charger came with a 5.3V Charger ... I have so many Samsung chargers laying around my house though And I have 3 or 4 White ones which one came with the Note 3, Tab s 10.5 and S4 and maybe the s3? My s2 Came with the Black one
S4 official charger model is ETA-U90XXX and its 5V.
5.3 Volts chargers by Samsung doesnt come until Note 3 released and models are EP-TA10. Note 3/S5/New Notes tablets series are using them.

pwscott

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
What about the fairly large brick that was part of the charger for the original SG Note 10.1 LTE?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Longhorn