How can I recover my rooted samsung galaxy note 10.1 2014 tablet after doing a factory reset?

icebreaker0202

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site
I have the wifi version of the samsung galaxy 10.1 2014. The tablet was previously rooted and I decided to unroot it so I can update to the latest samsung software. I did a factory reset because the unroot didn't work. During the reset mt samsung never restarted and now it wont turn on!

I can get into the download mode by holding the volume down + power button.

How can I install a fresh copy of the factory software? I have no idea where to find a fresh copy nor do I know how to do it. Can someone please please provide me with step by step instructions? I have odin 3.09 if that helps. I don't mind installing clean rom either but says it requires something called twrp.

I am very new to this so please provide step by step instructions for me I'm freaking out.
Thank you in advance!

PS.. i will never attemlt messing with this till i have more knowledge about it

Dale_M

Jan 8, 2014
Visit site
I am probably going to get yelled at by others and told it cant be done, but have you tied reloading operating system through KIES 3...

Dale

dianehelen

Jun 5, 2011
Visit site
Twrp is the back up recovery software, that you should have from when you rooted. Did you save a backup file? Tho if you can't enter back up mode, not sure how you can access the backup. Be interesting to see if others chime in with some creative ideas.

Sorry you are going thru this

icebreaker0202

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site
I am having trouble finding the correct firmware for my device. The one that is in the link you sent doesn't work.

I found the firmware on sammobile for United Kingdom... but I can't find one that is specific for the United States.

Can anyone help find me the United States firmware for this tablet?

Thank you for all of the replies everyone!

icebreaker0202

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site
FIGURED IT OUT!

not sure if other people have this problem but i simply found the UK firmware and flashed that onto my tablet using odin 3.09.. and got everything back! whats interesting is that all my apps and pictures are still there too!

dianehelen

Jun 5, 2011
Visit site
FIGURED IT OUT!

not sure if other people have this problem but i simply found the UK firmware and flashed that onto my tablet using odin 3.09.. and got everything back! whats interesting is that all my apps and pictures are still there too!

WHOOOHOO LOVE a happy ending, when us mere humans get to outsmart technology. Very happy for you