Weird extreme battery drain problem on SM-P600 4.4.2?

Beut

Apr 29, 2015
Visit site
Trust me, a re solder of battery connector will fix this problem, a repair shop or anyone who knows how to solder will help you with little charge.
It doesn't hurt to try it, a hard ware problem cannot fix by doing anything else. Send it to Samsung may cost you as low as $100 to fix it for a round trip at least 10 days. Give it to someone to re solder the connector may cost you a little as $30 as it takes only 5 minutes to get it done.

Moshe Barash

May 11, 2014
Visit site
A temporary solution is to shutdown the tablet, and leave it off for a few minutes, after that power it up and it should have the correct percentage. For example: a few days ago I was playing this really fun game (goat simulator) and for maybe 10 minutes the battery drain was reasonable, after about ten minutes it went from 87% to 1% in less than two minutes. So when the tablet got to 1% it shut down automatically within a few seconds. I left it powered off for a few minutes without charging it or anything. I then powered it up and the battery was at 80%. Since then I have manually powered it off and have left it for a few minutes when I notice that it is draining too quickly and when I power it up, it is at a much more reasonable percentage.
Again: this is only a temporary solution!

sethyboy

Sep 10, 2014
Visit site
So a few days ago I decided to finally man up and open my tablet using a credit card. It was surprisingly easy, and I didn't damage anything.

I was reading on another forum about how people were having battery problems on the Tab Pro 8.4, but when they opened it up, disconnected then reconnected the battery connector, it was working perfectly for them again. I figured that maybe I would give this a shot on my tablet. I carefully disconnected then reconnected the battery connector, and then snapped the tablet back into its casing.

I can't really tell, but I think it seems to have gotten a LITTLE better. I haven't noticed the percentage-jumping issue since doing the disconnect, and the battery life isn't a huge difference like I thought it would be, but seems to have improved a little. It's now about 5-6 hours just browsing the web, watching YouTube, checking Tumblr, etc. I actually did manage to break 6 hours of screen on time the other day. Not an amazing difference, but an improvement nonetheless.

I think that also part of the improvement of the battery was that I started using Chrome instead of Dolphin (I was starting to not like Dolphin anyways). Chrome seems to not consume as much battery as Dolphin does. I also haven't been playing as many games lately.
I am still considering buying a new battery altogether, but I'm moving soon and I would prefer to look more into this when I get settled. For now, I guess it's okay.

sethyboy

Sep 10, 2014
Visit site
Okay, it's been a couple of weeks since I opened the tablet and reconnected the battery connector. I am happy to say that it FIXED the problem with the percentage jumping. It now drains to 0 normally with no extreme jumps. I can play games, and it won't jump from 12% to 6% or anything like that.

And when I used to turn it off, wait a minute, then turn it back on, it would show a completely different percentage than before I turned it off. It doesn't do that anymore; the percentage stays as it was when I turned the tablet off.

I still only get about 4-5 hours of screen time, but like I said, I am thinking about buying an OEM battery and replacing it myself, after I finish moving. Other than that, I'm a little happier with the tablet now.

br77494

Nov 6, 2015
Visit site
Okay, it's been a couple of weeks since I opened the tablet and reconnected the battery connector. I am happy to say that it FIXED the problem with the percentage jumping. It now drains to 0 normally with no extreme jumps. I can play games, and it won't jump from 12% to 6% or anything like that.

And when I used to turn it off, wait a minute, then turn it back on, it would show a completely different percentage than before I turned it off. It doesn't do that anymore; the percentage stays as it was when I turned the tablet off.

I still only get about 4-5 hours of screen time, but like I said, I am thinking about buying an OEM battery and replacing it myself, after I finish moving. Other than that, I'm a little happier with the tablet now.

Thanks for all the information. I also have the Galaxy Note 10.1 2014. I've had it about a year now and I'm seeing these same issues. It used to get 6-7 hours of screen time. Not anymore. Once I get below 30% now, the rate of decline is very rapid. It might go from 25% to 10% in 15 minutes. I shut off the tablet or put it on charge, then the jumps to about 30%. At about a 50% screen brightness I get about a 25% battery drain per hour of on-screen time. But, in reality I only get 3 hours since below 30% battery it drains extremely fast. I have never let this tablet drain to 0 before I first noticed this problem.

I guess I'll try to open the tablet and do the battery re-connect trick. Please let me know if you do install a new battery and if it restores your original screen time.

Posted via the Android Central App

sethyboy

Sep 10, 2014
Visit site
Thanks for all the information. I also have the Galaxy Note 10.1 2014. I've had it about a year now and I'm seeing these same issues. It used to get 6-7 hours of screen time. Not anymore. Once I get below 30% now, the rate of decline is very rapid. It might go from 25% to 10% in 15 minutes. I shut off the tablet or put it on charge, then the jumps to about 30%. At about a 50% screen brightness I get about a 25% battery drain per hour of on-screen time. But, in reality I only get 3 hours since below 30% battery it drains extremely fast. I have never let this tablet drain to 0 before I first noticed this problem.

I guess I'll try to open the tablet and do the battery re-connect trick. Please let me know if you do install a new battery and if it restores your original screen time.

Posted via the Android Central App

Now that I've successfully performed it, I would definitely recommend doing it. It's actually not that hard, and disconnecting and reconnecting the battery connector definitely fixed that problem for me. I haven't had one issue since I opened the tablet and did this. I even tried to make the battery jump by playing games, multitasking, and it does not do it anymore.

It's not that hard to perform this. I used this video to open the tablet, but instead of the green tool he uses, I just used a credit card. You also don't need to take the whole battery out; all I did was carefully remove the battery connector from its socket with a pair of tweezers, then gently pushed it back in. And I'm glad that I did it, because I pretty much resolved the initial problem I was having when I made this thread back in June. :)

I will keep you updated when I get to replacing the battery; that'll be my next project. ;)

sethyboy

Sep 10, 2014
Visit site
Well, I guess I spoke too soon. After a few weeks with no problems, suddenly, battery is back at its OLD habits again. -__- While watching a video, guess what, the battery jumps from 10% straight to 1%. And when I reboot, guess what, it says 12%.

I don't understand. It was perfectly fine for a couple of weeks, then snap, back where I started. Either the battery connector messed up again, it's a bad battery altogether, or I'm doing something wrong.

The ONE thing I forgot to do after putting the connector back is putting that piece of protective green tape back on. I'm not sure if that might have been important, to keep the connector in right or something.

I also did unplug and plug it in a lot today, and it never reached 100% charge. I wonder if maybe that had something to do with it? There's nothing I can do about it from where I am at the moment, but still going to live with it until I can get to tinkering with it again.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress