Note 10.1 vs 8.0

Redbird1

Aug 9, 2010
Visit site
Anyone have a 10.1 but wish they got the 8.0, or vice-versa?

I'm getting one or the other, but can't decide which. Any words of wisdom?

Andy847

Nov 1, 2010
Visit site
I have both the GN 10.1 and the 8.0. I prefer the 10.1 to do most of my work on. I use it to draw and it has more memory (32gb), not to mention the extra room on the screen is great for my drawing needs. The 8.0 is a great tablet for traveling with and using on the go. I use it for appt.'s and when on the go, as the screen is bigger than my GS lll and easier to hold than my larger 10.1. They both are great tablets, but for my main tablet I use the 10.1. The 8.0 is used for mostly some games, taking notes, and reading.
Also want to add, that you can open in Cascade view more apps on the 10.1 and move them around the screen, whereas on the 8.0 you only have the choice of having them side by side, so only two apps open at a time. I think you have to know what you are going to use it for and what size, amount of memory you need on board, and stuff like that to make a better choice.

Redbird1

Aug 9, 2010
Visit site
Also want to add, that you can open in Cascade view more apps on the 10.1 and move them around the screen, whereas on the 8.0 you only have the choice of having them side by side, so only two apps open at a time.

Interesting point. I was leaning towards the 8.0; now I'm not so sure....

Jinlin

Jun 6, 2013
Visit site
I just got 10.1 yesterday. I like what it does so far. I don't really wish that I had gotten a 8.0, but if I had the extra money I'd love to get both haha. 10.1 works great for doodling and writing notes and everything. The only turn off to me is that it is so big (I am a petite person with small hands LOL) so it isn't very easy to move around for me. 8.0 will be perfect for me if my main goal was for reading and entertainment. But since my main goal is to draw and write notes, 10.1 is the winner for me.

Again, would love to own both haha. :cool:

pmcdunnough

May 18, 2013
Visit site
I bought both the 8.0 and 10.1 but ended up keeping the Note 8.0 . The Note 10.1 does have the larger screen and more importantly a better battery life. The Note 8.0 uses a modern MHL plug for outputting VGA , HDMI to a projector. I also found the Note 8.0 to just feel better in terms of quality. Both tablets are excellent. I just write on them so either was fine. I prefer the smaller one for that. The resolution on the 8.0 gives a nicer experience in my opinion.

Philip